Author Topic: Wanting XMPlay to not remember Playlist between sessions.  (Read 1398 times)

tongub

When I use drag and drop to play an MP3 file in XMPlay, it adds it to the Playlist.

Next time I run XMPlay (even the portable version), that MP3 file is still in the Playlist.

If the file has been deleted or renamed, it still shows up in the Playlist, but with a red line drawn through it.

I would like my Playlist to not be remembered between XMPlay sessions; especially for the Portable Apps version.  Is this possible?

IOW, I want to XMPlay to start "fresh" each time, without remembering or showing what it previously played.

Thanks!

saga

Integration -> Default action -> Replace playlist, maybe?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
One way you can achieve that is to empty the XMPLAY.PLS file and then write-protect it (set "Read-only" in its properties).

tongub

One way you can achieve that is to empty the XMPLAY.PLS file and then write-protect it (set "Read-only" in its properties).

Thanks Ian and Saga for your responses.

Since XMPlay will throw an error every time it tries to write to that file, will that cause any issues?

Would it be possible to add an option to toggle this functionality?  Seems like a reasonable feature, fairly easy to implement, and would be better than having to remember to toggle the write-protect flag of that file every time that functionality needs to be switched.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Since XMPlay will throw an error every time it tries to write to that file, will that cause any issues?

That's strange. XMPlay shouldn't complain if the XMPLAY.PLS file is write-protected (it should just silently fail to write the playlist). What error message are you seeing?

tongub

That's strange. XMPlay shouldn't complain if the XMPLAY.PLS file is write-protected (it should just silently fail to write the playlist). What error message are you seeing?

Sorry.  I meant throw an internal error, or as you put it using better words "silently fail to write".

Do you think an option can be added to toggle this?

raina

No, it won't.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Do you think an option can be added to toggle this?

Oops. I forgot to mention that an XMPLAY.INI option was added for that a few days ago. You can get the update here:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

If you add a "NoSaveList=1" line to your XMPLAY.INI file (under "[XMPlay]"), then XMPlay won't write a XMPLAY.PLS file. Unless they're also in the library, the playlist entries will also be excluded from the XMPLAY.LIBRARY file (XMPlay normally includes extra tag info from the playlist entries in there).