Author Topic: Net stream Converting from Winamp - Need help  (Read 805 times)

Jayisme

We've been streaming audio, on our website, since 2003 using Winamp and Shoutcast DSP. We took a  hiatus and lo and behold Winamp and it's DSP plugin are kaput. We can d/l an old version of Winamp but that would keep us in the dark ages.
We'd like to grow up and find a comparable, if not better, player. I hope XMPlay is it ...

1. Is XMplay a viable alternative to Winamp streaming audio?
2. If so, once we d/l the player is a DSP type plugin necessary? What's the plugin/plugins?
3. Is XMplay compatible to Win 7, 8, 8.1 & 10?
4. Can someone forward or help w configuring the stream code for our website.  (We were using shoutcast)
5. Good sound quality? We used to stream @ 128

I'm sure we're dinosaurs to y'all but I hope you can help us stream again.

Thanks

saga

Re: Net stream Converting from Winamp - Need help
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb '16 - 19:57 »
1. Is XMplay a viable alternative to Winamp streaming audio?
Of course it always depends on what you want to do, but XMPlay is comparable to Winamp in many aspects.
2. If so, once we d/l the player is a DSP type plugin necessary? What's the plugin/plugins?
The edcast DSP plugin works just fine for Shoutcast/Icecast streaming. I've been using it for years.
3. Is XMplay compatible to Win 7, 8, 8.1 & 10?
Yes.
4. Can someone forward or help w configuring the stream code for our website.  (We were using shoutcast)
I'm not sure what exactly you are asking for, but you can keep the Shoutcast config just as you used to use it.
5. Good sound quality? We used to stream @ 128
Depends on the codec and of course how picky your audience is. 128kbit Ogg Vorbis or AAC is perfectly fine for streaming, but I personally wouldn't want to listen to a 128kbit MP3 stream. But why not go higher?

jayisme000

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb '16 - 21:53 »
"The edcast DSP plugin works just fine for Shoutcast/Icecast streaming. I've been using it for years."

Thanks for all your help so far! ... We used Shoutcast Source DSP to stream to our server .. OK so I found no edcast or edcast reborn. Your link took me to oddcast. I d/l'd the plugin .. added it to the Options/ Plug-ins .. Double clicked on Winamp DSP Wrapper..  Got to OddcastV3 - double clicked Add Encoder and no new window popped up to add the encoder. Every time I double click on Add Encoder it  just kept adding dsp_oddcast_V3 1 ..dsp_oddcast_V3 2 dsp_oddcast_V3 3-7 ... to my file folder. It's a note pad message saying I'm disconnected.  Am unable to add our Encoder info. Any suggestions? Thanks again

Dotpitch

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb '16 - 06:51 »
Do you have any encoder available? Those are separate files, if I recall correctly. Are they in the same folder as XMPlay.exe? There an article on the Support Site on streaming with Edcast saga already linked you to the article.
« Last Edit: 5 Feb '16 - 07:03 by Dotpitch »

Jayisme

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb '16 - 21:04 »
Hi Dot ... Thanks for your help ... Yes, those "not connected" notepad files are in the XMplay folder.

In the Edcast window, click Add Encoder to add a new encoder with default settings. Double-click the encoder in the list to edit its settings.

There is no edcast ... It's Oddsock that installs as OddcastV3.

Changed xmplay.exe to winamp.exe - done

Add lame_enc.dll - done

Followed all the steps to OddcatV3 to Add encoder tab ... I click on Add Encoder no Configuration window comes up. Just those useless notepad files dumped in the folder.

Not sure what you mean by do I have any encoder available? I've been streaming live on our website via, host codes, Winamp and the Shoutcast DSP plugin for years.  The Shoutcast Source has an encoder tab.

I can't believe it's this difficult to set up XMPlay to stream audio .. 

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dotpitch

« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb '16 - 10:10 »
Ok, let's start from the beginning then, because it works fine over here.

I have the following files in the same folder:
  • xmplay.exe
  • xmp-wadsp.dll
  • bass.dll
  • dsp_oddcast_v3.dll
  • lame_enc.dll
  • libFLAC.dll
  • libOggFLAC.dll
  • ogg.dll
  • pthreadVSE.dll
  • vorbis.dll

Do you have that as well?

[edit]
Does dsp_oddcast_v3_1.log say something like this?
Code: [Select]
02/20/16 15:12:59 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Connecting
02/20/16 15:13:00 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Unable to connect to socket
02/20/16 15:13:01 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Connecting
02/20/16 15:13:02 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Disconnecting
02/20/16 15:13:02 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Disconnected
02/20/16 15:13:02 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Unable to connect to socket
02/20/16 15:13:08 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Disconnecting
02/20/16 15:13:08 Info(MainWindow.cpp:703): Disconnected
etc.
[/edit]
« Last Edit: 20 Feb '16 - 14:15 by Dotpitch »