Author Topic: Winamp plugins that dont works  (Read 1385 times)

rst

Winamp plugins that dont works
« on: 22 Feb '16 - 19:20 »
Ok, here on this topic to post about those winamp plugins that dont works and to see for possible solutions.

First one is Mojo Master Visualize Download it here http://www.4shared.com/file/kBjbKJAEba/Visualizer_Her.html

the plugin throw an error:

i have tried it just now with winamp 5.63 and works.

Posible solutions ?
« Last Edit: 22 Feb '16 - 19:37 by rst »

Dotpitch

Re: Winamp plugins that doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb '16 - 06:31 »
How are you using this in XMPlay?

rst

Re: Winamp plugins that dont works
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb '16 - 12:51 »
into the XMplay path, i have 'Vis' folder. Into it i have the 'xmp-wavis' folder only. And into that folder i have several winamp Visualization plugins that i am using. So i placed the Mojo Master plugin into that path.
« Last Edit: 23 Feb '16 - 12:58 by rst »

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb '16 - 13:03 »
'xmp-wavis'
And?
you call again, again from "xmp-wavis"
do not understand that this plugin has no longer Support and not work correctly?

forget it.

Dotpitch

« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb '16 - 18:44 »
into the XMplay path, i have 'Vis' folder. Into it i have the 'xmp-wavis' folder only. And into that folder i have several winamp Visualization plugins that i am using. So i placed the Mojo Master plugin into that path.
And then you load it through xmp-wavis I guess? Ok, that means the problem is either in xmp-wavis or in the vis itself. Please contact the visualization author and ask whether they know what this bug means.

piovrauz

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb '16 - 20:04 »
The plugin should work with current XMPlay and the wrapper plugin, at least it deos here.
A dancing chick with light effect right?

I got the plugin from http://uploadgeneration.info/Winamp/www.winamp.com/visualization/visualize-her/146758.html, extracted "vis_MojoMaster.dll" and "MojoMasterMedia" with 7zip, put them in XMPlay plugin directory (I made one for sake of organization), and it seem to work.

I tried it in winamp before, and it does work there too.

rst

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb '16 - 23:50 »
just directly on the same path with xmplay.exe ? i tried to run it from other locations, with the same result.

So i dont know but more things are involved....

Edit: ok, i have found the reason. I have check with hex editor and i have found that the dll want the 'MojoMasterMedia' folder to be into 'plugins' folder. Just because that for sure happen in other plugins, i am guessing if xmplay could do something to override all to the location where the loaded vis_dll is located. That will help a lot to run others.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb '16 - 00:00 by rst »

Dotpitch

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb '16 - 06:32 »
... i have found that the dll want the 'MojoMasterMedia' folder to be into 'plugins' folder. Just because that for sure happen in other plugins, i am guessing if xmplay could do something to override all to the location where the loaded vis_dll is located. That will help a lot to run others.
If you can see this from the DLL, it's hard-coded and XMPlay shouldn't even try to override it. You should contact the author of the vis to fix that.

piovrauz

« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb '16 - 07:27 »
Well, he can just make a /plugins directory inside the XMPlay directory, put dll and stuff there and be done with that.
The plugin is probably discontinued. If you click the web link on its windows the site it leads to it's empty.

rst

« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb '16 - 11:59 »
^^ and by the way that will keep the dissaster on the plugins sorting that performed winamp.
Instead of that and more logical, to have all into plugins, or in this case 'vis' folder and into ito and separatelly a folder with each plugin and its resrources. That is the good way in my opinion.

Dotpitch

« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb '16 - 20:47 »
Well, he can just make a /plugins directory inside the XMPlay directory, put dll and stuff there and be done with that.
That's definitely what I would do :).

rst

« Reply #11 on: 9 Mar '16 - 13:34 »
yes, yes, i know it.

I know that the most plugins were designed to be into 'plugins' folder.
But what i am pointing is the disaster on winamp when we have 50 or 100 or more plugins. Just a mess. Some files goes into plugins, others side to winamp executable, etc etc. A big mess !