Author Topic: BassMIDI: Release cut short at low Note On Velocity (> 16 - 32)  (Read 330 times)

bellhop2

I have a SoundFont containing percussion voices with very long decay and release times  (up to 100 seconds).  The idea is that the sound will decay over a long period of time regardless of whether or not a Note Off is received. This effect is achieved by making both the Decay and Release times long. When the Note On Velocity is low (maybe 16 or less), the release is abrupt when the Note Off is received. Once Velocity hits a somewhat arbitrary threshold, the release is normal. The problem can be eliminated by turning on Sustain (Controller 64). Sustain is not a great long term solution as it can be turned off by a MIDI message in a file. The samples are looped.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
What BASSMIDI.DLL version are you currently using? I recall some changes were made to improve the situation you describe. If you haven't already done so, please try the latest build here:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassmidi.zip

bellhop2

The problem appears to be solved! I was using a version that I downloaded in 2014.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Good to hear that the update fixed the problem you were having. There should be a new BASSMIDI release fairly soon to make those and some other changes/additions official.