Author Topic: "Lock" currently opened playlist when playing other songs?  (Read 852 times)

Bryce

Hello,

Is there an option to prevent a song from being added to the playlist or queue list? That effectively locks it while playing songs?

For example, lets say I have a playlist open with only rock songs (Default action: Add to playlist), but I want to play some music that I may or may not want to be on the playlist - it would be helpful to be able to play it without it being added to the playlist, and manually adding it.

This would help when saving a playlist so that no songs sneak in that you don't want.
I find myself deleting stuff from the current playlist far too much, when I play songs quickly.

raina

How about: first select everything you want to keep. Assuming your current playlist is golden, hit Ctrl-A to do that. Then right-click on your selection and select "Don't auto-remove" way down almost on the bottom. Then right-click on the playlist remove (-) button and select "Remove after playing". This way the playlist auto-cleans as it advances and only the songs you specifically want to keep are kept.

I don't store playlists or use the "Don't auto-remove" option often but I love the auto-remove feature and I've been using it ever since it was first introduced.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
I had a thought. Perhaps the per-track "Don't auto-remove" option could be changed to "Auto-remove after playing", ie. reversed. And then the global "Remove after playing" option could be replaced by a new option to have tracks automatically marked as "Auto-remove after playing" always or never or when playing from the library (and perhaps more). For example, if the original poster is playing the songs from the library, then setting that to "when playing from the library" should pretty much achieve what's wanted. Any thoughts? Any downsides that I'm missing?

Cosworth

Ian, is it possible in the future to add another playlist(s)?

raina

Maybe one of those options should be "Auto-remove after playing when NOT playing from the library". Not sure, but more options is cool. The only downside I can see is if the automatic marking for deletion is visually distracting. It's of course a skin issue but I don't think every skinner tests every option and sometimes the marker or font size/color settings for the different playlist track states seem really weird (leftovers from another skinconfig used as a template?).

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Ian, is it possible in the future to add another playlist(s)?

There aren't any immediate plans for that, but I wouldn't rule it out appearing in future if the details can be worked out, eg. how to make it work with skins.

Maybe one of those options should be "Auto-remove after playing when NOT playing from the library". Not sure, but more options is cool. The only downside I can see is if the automatic marking for deletion is visually distracting. It's of course a skin issue but I don't think every skinner tests every option and sometimes the marker or font size/color settings for the different playlist track states seem really weird (leftovers from another skinconfig used as a template?).

Oh yes, I forgot about the "Don't auto remove" markers. I guess they would need to be replaced with "Do auto remove" markers in the proposed scenario. There could also be an option to disable them, like the current "NoStickyMark" XMPLAY.INI option.