Author Topic: Galactic Gazette: The 'Astral Soup' Official News Thread  (Read 4625 times)

Astral Soup Design

Welcome to the Galactic Gazette, the official information source of Astral Soup Design. Formerly known as Bahamondes & Furan from 2013 to 2016, we still have our vision of creating skins that look awesomium!
Here is the list of our announcements and/or releases ever made.

What's our former philosophy when we were B&F

To provide users with the latest skins for the XMPlay Support page, based on contemporary designs and interface reconstructions.

We like it vintage. Do you?
We love pastel colors. What about you?
We enjoy what we do. What's new did you do?

What does it mean?

First: Our focus is on Vintage themes.
Second: No More Black colors, the spectral colorscheme is our friend.
Third... and the most important...

If you like our faces, keep on using it.
If not, modify it and upload your mods to support.xmplay.com

You are BLESSED! No need to ask us for authorization.

The Astral Soup Developers' Frontier (a.k.a. ASDF) is the starting point for the newest projects for XMPlay. You can visit ASDF clicking here.

Our vision: to express childish concepts in the XMPlay skinning scene using materials other than CGI, exploring digital ink as scanning of original masterpieces.

« Last Edit: 18 Dec '16 - 16:20 by Astral Soup Design »

Astral Soup Design

Forum thread update
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan '16 - 00:55 »
January 11th, 2016.

We are introducing our third generation logo, three years after we started creating with Ian Luck.
Releases were not frequent as we intended to do, but at least there are heartbeats every year.
With our slogan "I want it vintage" we make more focus to the reconstruction of old interfaces for the modern world.

Greetings to all the XMPlay Forum users. Have a great year 2016.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan '16 - 01:00 by Bahamondes & Furan »

Astral Soup Design

"Sonique" port published.
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr '16 - 22:42 »
April 21th, 2016.

In loving memory of our ex-president of Chile, Mr. Patricio Aylwin.

We have so good so good so good news!
We have released a port of the Default Sonique Media Player and it should be ready in the next days at support.xmplay.com
This release is dedicated to all the former Sonique Staff. Hope you like it. Remember that nightlies of this skin can be found at the XMPlay main forum thread.
Because only having SVP support is not enough, "We want it vintage".
« Last Edit: 22 Apr '16 - 17:56 by Bahamondes & Furan »

Astral Soup Design

Bugs in "Sonique Default Skin". Skuld to the rescue!
« Reply #3 on: 16 May '16 - 15:01 »
May 16th, 2016.

"rst", an important member of the XMPlay Forums, has informed us the existence of a bug in the "Sonique Default Skin" affecting Windows-based environments without the Franklin Gothic Demi font file. The problem mainly affects Windows XP and ReactOS users.

The problem has been fixed and marked as Service Release 1, but it will not be published yet until the new Info Window style gets finished. Stay tuned, and check regularly the XMPlay Support site.

Regarding "chopsuey:xmplay", also known as "Soiload", will come soon. For the same, stay tuned. 

Astral Soup Design

"Soiload" released.
« Reply #4 on: 21 May '16 - 10:17 »
May 21th, 2016.

We have sent our new skin to the Skin Catalog: Soiload.

Soft colors, big buttons, XP'ish styles, an original creation. Designed to work good with xmp-coverart.
This is a skin for my friend, Abrahaam Marroquín, whose life tunes are always "System of a Down".
What are you waiting for? Wake Up! Grab some MP3's and enjoy Soiload! ;)

A nightly version (along with our preferred bundle of plugins) is located at https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdym3868uk07o2d/Soiload%20for%20XMPlay.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: 21 May '16 - 17:53 by Bahamondes & Furan »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: "Bahamondes & Furan" Official News Thread
« Reply #5 on: 24 May '16 - 13:33 »
May 21th, 2016.

We have sent our new skin to the Skin Catalog: Soiload.

Soft colors, big buttons, XP'ish styles, an original creation. Designed to work good with xmp-coverart.

Very nice :)

Dotpitch

Re: "Bahamondes & Furan" Official News Thread
« Reply #6 on: 24 May '16 - 18:52 »
Very nice indeed! I'll be using this one for a while.

Astral Soup Design

Small update for "Sonique".
« Reply #7 on: 25 May '16 - 16:33 »
May 25th, 2016.

With the addition of the new info text wrapping feature in XMPlay 3.8.2 Stuff 9, we have updated the Sonique skin to make use of this new cosmetic change. Now it will look more like Sonique Media Player.
Stable users will not be available to see this new change yet, but if you are in the "Stuff" channel, you will notice immediately when you download our new update of the Sonique skin.
Because only having SVP support is not enough, "We want it vintage".

(Dotpitch, Ian and everyone else... despite we do not answer your comments in the news thread, we are glad to read how happy are with our work. A big thank you and a cyberhug from Chile :) ).

Astral Soup Design

Recalls, Delicious GUI's and NeverStop like XMPlay 4.0
« Reply #8 on: 26 May '16 - 18:01 »
May 26th, 2016.

Another post. So quick, isn't it?

We didn't notice how many skins B&F have developed since 2013... it is a lot of them. And everything began with the XMPlay Skin Contest. Since then, we have produced 4 original productions and 7 ports. Although those figures should be balanced, we promise it will be.

Massive updates to b&f releases

In the next coming months, massive updates will be made to our skins, with the aim to improve the user experience and/or to add missing features. Specially, Sonique... that skin gives some headaches sometimes  ;D

DeliPlayer project

Let me tell that "DeliPlayer" (Codenamed 'Phantom Player') has gone into incubation. That does mean its development has begun, but it will be passive. Coming soon, expect the backstages ;).

NeverStop more like 4 (or 5?)

There is a skin that is still burning my eyes because I, Nicolas, feel is not polished at all: NeverStop. Since its presentation for the Skin Contest in 2013 it hasn't received any changes. The promise of more colors wasn't accomplised, too. The source files will be unwrapped again, because the panels will receive a complete overhaul, worth being the default 4.x interface (or 5.x? Remember Justin Frankel's Winamp equation ;) ).

Well, that's all for now. No more thread elevations for a time.
As usual we hear you @ B&F.

Retro. Soft. Yours. "I want it vintage".

Astral Soup Design

Going further XMPlay: MPC-HC
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun '16 - 02:40 »
June 3rd, 2016.

Believe it or not, we wanted to dare making a little mod to MPC-HC because its look is appalling. We adapted the graphic sources of "Covalent", with a more greyish palette. The files were sent to the MPC-HC team. Just waiting for the approval.

Media Player Classic Homecinema is not our first Non-XMPlay skinning job, though. The first one was 7zip, but the Theme Manager authors have thrown the towel long time ago. So sad :(

If you want to mod your MPC-HC with our toolbar, download it here.
(Login to your Un4Seen Forum account if you want to see a download link below).

Astral Soup Design

Bahamondes & Furan is sunsetting.
« Reply #10 on: 1 Nov '16 - 03:28 »
November 1st, 2016.

Dropbox f**k'd our precious graphics. Too sad! :( I don't know when we will migrate images to DeviantArt. Hope soon--hey! Forgot to mention something to you, dear follower.

Bahamondes & Furan is sunsetting soon. Have to go to wash our faces and have a trip to Saturn whilst eating a delicious Maruchan. Two carefree girls will be watching our releases in the meantime. Hope Saturn be a great planet. Weee!

That's it. It's been three years of Bahamondes & Furan. From NeverStop to Soiload. Thanks for choosing us during these years. Now it's time that somebody else gets in charge, somebody who loves blueberries, charcoal and mystique startup sounds.

By the way, is anybody fan of foxgals?

Astral Soup Design

November 10th, 2016.

We wanted it vintage, but those days are gone. An old phase has been closed in XMPlay, and a new one is about to come.

From now, Bahamondes & Furan is now Astral Soup Design... but better call it Astral Soup. \(^u^)/

In the next months, there will be no activity. University is being hard with me. Instead, more information is about to come in February 2017! Stay tuned.

We are needing HiDPI users which can help us in our new release for XMPlay. You need to have an HiDPI (Full HD or 4K display) to be able to participate. Check the XMPlay discussion subsection of the forum.

Astral Soup Design

FoxionHD goes Preview 1!
« Reply #12 on: 15 Nov '16 - 00:48 »
November 14th, 2016.

The first preview version of FoxionHD has been uploaded to DeviantArt. You can download our latest versions of FOXION and check its evolution over time before publishing into the XMPlay Support Site.
11MB were compressed into a 1MB! ZIP file. Wow! Awesomium!

http://fujitellover.deviantart.com/art/Developer-Central-Foxion-HD-Preview-1-645895030

Respect to the older B&F pending projects, they may be in development's doom. Source files are still available by request, by the way. Maybe you have noticed every B&F skin has been already author-changed in the Support Site.

Astral Soup Design

Midnight City Project
« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov '16 - 16:43 »
November 16th, 2016

In an effort to increase the presence of the Astral Soup signature, I am studying the factibility to began porting some of the former B&F skins to the Winamp Modern Platform. This non-confirmed move may have its first results soon.

Astral Soup Design

Learnt [img width=x]
« Reply #14 on: 18 Dec '16 - 16:26 »
December 18th, 2016

Still alive and kicking. I fixed some pics in the forums (e.g. signature, previews, additionals, etc.) to make them not showing too much big.

By the way, ASDF and main profile pages were updated in DeviantArt. Go take a look at them.

Astral Soup Design

New profile name!
« Reply #15 on: 27 Dec '16 - 23:43 »
December 27th, 2016

Yay! The last post ever of 2016! Next articles will be in the brand-new Year 2017! Woo-hoo!

7 years after having the non-representative username "FujitelLover" (Yup, I used to love Fujitel MP3 players, even if I knew were trash), I finally got AstralSoup.deviantart.com as the new landing page.

Thanks to Yueyuetan for the CORE membership that let this nameswitch be possible.