Author Topic: Three skins that never saw the daylight  (Read 11827 times)

2016_still:the_best_4_me

Re: Three skins that never saw the daylight
« Reply #25 on: 20 Mar '16 - 19:45 »
2016 and still XMP underground radio is my favorite stin.. and yes i never see a player best than XMPlay.. so for me this combination is (for me) the best tool to play and enjoy music :P

Thnaks Rah'Dick, and all the XMPlay team and community!!

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #26 on: 3 Apr '16 - 18:53 »
Oh my, quite some thread necrophilia. ;-) Thanks! I can barely believe that it's been 10 years already since I worked on these skins. XMP Underground Radio was finished after all, but since I switched from Windows to Linux in 2008, I rarely ever use XMPlay anymore. I really wish Ian would replace some Windows-only API calls with WINE-friendly ones. Unfortunately, XMPlay still has a lot of glitches on WINE. But after so much time, I bet that Ian is well aware of the difficulty of porting such an old application to a multi-platform API, so I guess I'll just have to deal with the lack of XMPlay on Linux forever. :-(

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #27 on: 25 May '16 - 01:55 »
Same situation here. From time to time I use WIndows, and one of the reasons is the great XMPlay. It was very hard to let go, such high quality music app. I still do not give up hope for an astounding Linux version :D