Author Topic: [SKIN] Acidian Fire 2016  (Read 1135 times)

Noruen

[SKIN] Acidian Fire 2016
« on: 24 Sep '16 - 10:49 »
Hi!

Finally I reworked my several years old skin Acidian Fire to more modern design. Edges are not anymore blocky and I also plan to prepare 2 bigger version for those who does have big screens (if there will be interest).

What do you think about it? Last time I heard from you that it is too much obsolete  :(

raina

Re: [SKIN] Acidian Fire 2016
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep '16 - 11:00 »
The round design isn't for me but it's a monster of an upgrade to the original. Quality work.

piovrauz

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep '16 - 21:58 »
While it's not the kind of skin I'll use (same as raina, I'm not a fan of round UI designs), I have to say that it's really well made, it is polished and has a modern feel.
The idea of making a 2x version will surely please ppl with hidpi screens: I see a lot of those complaining about small XMPlay skins... Yuo could set a record on DLs!

rst

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep '16 - 16:22 »
gogo with it.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep '16 - 16:45 »
Looks good :)

geodasoft

« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep '16 - 03:09 »
very good

dvdantunes

« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct '16 - 19:44 »
+1 for the upgrade. It looks gorgeous and modern, I like the flat design approach that you used. I'm a big fan of this skin since years, specially of the mini mode, which isn't as tiny as others neither too big. Just the right height to fit in a window toolbar :).

Recently I bought a new laptop with hidpi screen and faced the problem that the font is too small, so I'm interested on the 2x version.

Also, I usually play japanese songs, so the title of the songs use kanji unicode characters. This is other reason I'm interested on the 2x version, because it'll allow a better rendering of this kanji characters that currently are too small. I attached a preview of a tweak that I made, changing the font size and font family to Arial. The kanji characters looks better, but the font doesn't match the design and looks weird XD

I'm looking forward to continuing using this skin, hoping you release it soon. Thank you very much!

Noruen

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct '16 - 11:12 »
Thanks for replies!

I know that using custom font was very bad decision that time, but I was young and foolish ;) It will not happen again.

Update will come soon :)

karbock

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct '16 - 15:01 »
+1 for the upgrade! It's beautiful! (Ok ok, it's a matter of taste...  ;))

Aside from the font, the current version is very convenient.
Two advantages of the mini-player in the current version:
  • it nearly matches the height of a window title bar -> doesn't take up much room on the screen, and can be put along the top/bottom border of your screen without interfering much your mouse clicks;
  • time position slider.