Author Topic: Anyone still have the Atrac3 plugin?  (Read 1066 times)

MetroAndroid

Anyone still have the Atrac3 plugin?
« on: 20 Oct '16 - 20:56 »
Anyone still have the Winamp Atrac3 plugin (in_atrac3.dll) for oma/omg files? Some psp music files use them. It seems it's been wiped from the face of the web. It doesn't even exist on the internet archive anymore.

MetroAndroid

Re: Anyone still have the Atrac3 plugin?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct '16 - 00:07 »
Download contained a trojan (?) which my AV took care of, but sadly doesn't seem to be compatible with XMPlay regardless as it uses it's own output. It installed into Winamp but couldn't play any files I tried.

Dotpitch

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct '16 - 07:36 »
You could try xmp-ffmpeg, not sure whether that includes the ATRAC decoder though.

rst

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct '16 - 15:29 »
^^ so a guest posted to share with us a trojan ? nice

saga

« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct '16 - 18:20 »
The "trojan" in question is wainfo.exe being detected as "Exploit.Win32.Aluigi" according to VirusTotal. It's a tool written by Luigi Auriemma, a security researcher, so it's kinda funny that his tool got its own name in Antivirus databases:
Winamp plug-in info 0.1.1a (wainfo)
interesting tool which shows all the details about the plugins for Winamp, XMPlay, MusikCube and The Core Media Player.
it's extremely useful when in doubt about a version of a specific plugin or what it does without loosing time.
for example you have two plug-ins with the same name and don't know what is the most recent.
You can find the original wainfo.exe here: http://aluigi.altervista.org/mytoolz.htm

rst

« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct '16 - 21:15 »
and the original 'in_atrac3.dll' ? where to locate it ?

saga

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct '16 - 00:13 »
The DLL does not trigger any malware scanners, if that's what you are concerned about.

rst

« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct '16 - 12:53 »
but it isnt working, is it ?

saga

« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct '16 - 16:42 »
The fact that it doesn't accept MetroAndroid's files doesn't necessarily mean that the plugin is broken or "not original" - it could also mean that it just doesn't like their files, e.g. because they are in a different format version than what is expected by the plugin. Since OMG and OMA files are protected by DRM, I suppose that this Winamp plugin simply can only handle files without DRM, and files with DRM might require a proprietary player by Sony.

rst

« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct '16 - 17:23 »
maybe that you are pointing is the reason that crashed XMplay when attempt to play at3 file....

and also today i have seen a warning saying that xmplay soesnt support it because the plugin has its own output ??
« Last Edit: 26 Oct '16 - 01:11 by rst »