Author Topic: bass.dll's newer than posted 2.4.12.1?  (Read 152 times)

sveakul

bass.dll's newer than posted 2.4.12.1?
« on: 1 Dec '17 - 04:49 »
Hello,

I have noticed that some BASS-based music players (AIMP and Resonic for example) are using a bass.dll with version numbers greater than the one posted at un4seen--like 2.4.12.8 (AIMP 4.13) or 2.4.12.20 (Resonic .89).  Are these to be considered modified versions from the player developers, or are they alpha/beta versions of the "real" bass.dll that are not publicy posted here?

Thanks for any clarification!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: bass.dll's newer than posted 2.4.12.1?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec '17 - 16:19 »
They are "in development" updates that are made available between releases. They are still "release" builds and usually fine for production use. The latest such build is always available here:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass.zip

sveakul

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec '17 - 04:17 »
Thanks, Ian!  I grabbed the latest bass.dll now from that link, and also a couple more later than the "posted" versions using that same path (bass_aac.dll, etc).  All working brilliantly in the BASS-based players.

sveakul

« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec '17 - 19:54 »
Ian,

Just wanted to mention that updating to bass.dll 2.4.12.33 solved a "mystery problem" I had been having with a BASS player, namely, changing radio streams would often result in a huge delay if it was an Opus stream.  This issue has vanished since replacing that file.  So, proof that small updates often have user-obvious results.  THANKS for your continuous development on the BASS project.