Author Topic: Compatibility between the latest BASS and BASS_FX builds  (Read 27 times)

yncat

Hello.
I've been using BASS for a while, but am new to this forum.
I'm creating a new project using BASS X64 on Windows. This is actually the first time I use the x64 version.
The initialization works just fine as always. However, once I try to attach BASS_FX after the initialization, I get BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM, indicating that the plugin I supplied is not a plugin or incompatible with the current version of BASS.
I checked that the bass.dll I was using was the latest x64 one, and bass_fx.dll was also what I had downloaded recently (of course I copied the x64/bass_fx.dll to my project folder).
Could anyone test if the latest BASS correctly loads bass_fx.dll currently available? If someone can attach it, I will investigate the issue a bit more and try to address what is causing the error on my environment.
I'm using BASS 2.4.13.8, BASS_FX 2.4.12.1, along with pybass on Python 2.7.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul '18 - 07:30 by yncat »

sveakul

yncat, since the latest bass_fx.dll 2.4.12.1 was released a few months after bass 2.4.13.8, try it with the latest bass.dll 2.4.13.19 from the www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass.zip development address and see if it works with the new version.

edit:  original link was mis-typed and has been corrected, sorry for any confusion!--sveakul
« Last Edit: 22 Jul '18 - 05:31 by sveakul »