Author Topic: Overriding the default skin's pattern vis font size  (Read 762 times)

saga

I know it is possible to partially override skin settings by placing the overriding skin configuration file next to the skin, but how would this be done with the default skin, is it possible at all?
The use case is that we use XMPlay's pattern vis at various demoparties for showing the pattern contents of modules in tracked music competitions, but with today's Full-HD projectors, the pattern vis font size tends to be a bit small. So I'm looking for an easy way of increasing the font size without having to look for alternative skins.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Overriding the default skin's pattern vis font size
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr '17 - 16:35 »
It is possible to override the default skin's settings in an XMPLAY.SKINCONFIG file. In your case you would want to put a custom "font_modsize" setting in there, to change the MOD vis font size.

saga

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr '17 - 22:56 »
Thanks. It seems that font_modsize alone didn't work for some reason, but also setting font_mod did the trick.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr '17 - 15:26 »
Oh yes, you would indeed need to also include a "font_mod" entry (eg. "font_mod = lucida console") in your XMPLAY.SKINCONFIG file. That's because the default skin's config doesn't include a "font_mod" entry (it falls back to "font_info"), so a custom "font_modsize" entry alone won't have any effect on it.

OSH

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr '17 - 10:01 »
Ian, I have the same problem: when I try to make font for playlist bigger by using parameter font_listsize, the font on playlist is bigger, but the distance between lines is so small, the lines are overlapped. Is it possible to make the playlist font bigger without this overlapping?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr '17 - 14:57 »
The height of each playlist entry is determined by the height of the 1st entry in the skin's playlist panel. Unfortunately, there isn't currently any way to override that.

OSH

« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr '17 - 18:33 »
So you have next suggestion for 3.9... screen resolutions are more and more higher, and such tiny font can be unreadable (especially for people with glasses)...