Author Topic: XMPlay SID plugin  (Read 290707 times)

FIX94

Re: XMPlay SID plugin
« Reply #575 on: 26 Sep '16 - 19:00 »
Hi, I just wanted to say that for me for whatever reason rev 36 crashes pretty regular when switching between subsongs and sid files regardless of my current settings, this seems to only be a problem in rev 36 since all the older ones I tried work just fine which is pretty weird. I never quite knew if this was a bug with this plugin but it seems like only this plugin and only this revision crashes on switches, it happens with any output plugin I tested and with any samplerate as well so by now I think this has to be some problem with rev 36 specifically. I never found any pattern in it, the easiest way to reproduce this is to just get a bunch of sid files into a playlist and switch between songs and subsongs while playing back, it might be good for 10 switches or just crash on the first one directly. Thanks for any help on this.

raina

« Reply #576 on: 3 Nov '16 - 09:16 »
Locking an NTSC tune (e.g. Bruce_Lee.sid) to PAL makes XMPlay cut it short at the NTSC duration end point leaving loops and written waves incomplete. Should the reported song duration maybe change depending on the clock speed?

Fraggie

« Reply #577 on: 4 Nov '16 - 09:11 »
Locking an NTSC tune (e.g. Bruce_Lee.sid) to PAL makes XMPlay cut it short at the NTSC duration end point leaving loops and written waves incomplete. Should the reported song duration maybe change depending on the clock speed?
It should. Unfortunately SLDB only provides song lengths for the correct speed. Perhaps adding a fixed safety net would suffice?

raina

« Reply #578 on: 4 Nov '16 - 13:48 »
How naive would it be to assume that
50/60 * SLDB for PAL songs forced to NTSC and
60/50 * SLDB for NTSC songs forced to PAL
would work?

Fraggie

« Reply #579 on: 15 Nov '16 - 13:40 »
In theory that should work for PSID VBI songs. I'll look into that for the next revision.

Malade

« Reply #580 on: 26 Jan '17 - 02:44 »
it's an easy fix devide by time if its played ntsc and its a pal etc.

btw i have just downloaded drfiemost's latest trunk from sourceforge , compiled it and its starting to sound very close to a real c64 sid.( tested it on a few sid tunes and they sound identical but galway tunes dont sound the same yet )

great job drfiemost and great job fraggie.

that winamp plugin that that other lad posted sounds as good as this as well another great job.

all 3 of you keep up the good work.

edit just been tinkering with it and added a very nice stereo delay + surround effect

heres the code:

if (!ch && channels==2) // left channel
         {
            //delay left store
            delayLeft[delayLeftCount] = tmp;
            delayLeftCount++;

if (delayLeftCount >= delayLeftMax) delayLeftCount = 0;
            //delayleft end

// delay right mix

tmp += delayRight[delayRightRead];
            tmp -= delayLeft[delayLeftRead]*0.1;
            delayRightRead++;

if (delayRightRead >= delayRightMax) delayRightRead = 0;
            // delay right mix end

}

goes in mixer .cpp doMix()
« Last Edit: 26 Jan '17 - 03:01 by Malade »

Sajadi

« Reply #581 on: 1 Apr '17 - 20:14 »
Any update planned? :D

Dhry

« Reply #582 on: 28 Apr '17 - 19:40 »
Hi Fraggie. I notice that the libsidplayfp version in the most recent SID plugin is 1.8.1. They're up to 1.8.7 right now. Wondering if you have any plans to update the library and release a new build? I'm a big fan and use your plugin on an almost daily basis.

Edit: Library is now up to 2.0.0.

Cheers
DRS
« Last Edit: 9 Sep '17 - 21:33 by Dhry »

HavaR

« Reply #583 on: 15 Jun '17 - 11:41 »
Hi, I just wanted to say that for me for whatever reason rev 36 crashes pretty regular when switching between subsongs and sid files regardless of my current settings, this seems to only be a problem in rev 36 since all the older ones I tried work just fine which is pretty weird. I never quite knew if this was a bug with this plugin but it seems like only this plugin and only this revision crashes on switches, it happens with any output plugin I tested and with any samplerate as well so by now I think this has to be some problem with rev 36 specifically. I never found any pattern in it, the easiest way to reproduce this is to just get a bunch of sid files into a playlist and switch between songs and subsongs while playing back, it might be good for 10 switches or just crash on the first one directly. Thanks for any help on this.
I have this same problem, it crashes more often than not. It happens when starting a new subsong, or when finishing the last one. It can play through a number of subsongs before crashing, but it doesn't always happen. I haven't tried changing any settings to see if it helps though. I use XMPlay 3.8.2.3 on Windows 8.1