Author Topic: AAC plugin  (Read 608 times)

sveakul

AAC plugin
« on: 26 Aug '17 - 04:57 »
I noticed that the config for the xmp-aac plugin has a choice to "show VBR bitrate";  when I play an AAC/M4a file or an AAC radio stream that is VBR, the bitrate is shown in the "General" info window the same if that option is checked or unchecked, a number I assume is the average bitrate of the file/stream.  Not sure if that is expected behavior?  Using XMPlay 3.8.2.31 with the Neutron skin.

Also, when searching the forum for any mention of the option, I noticed that Ian has put out a modified version of xmp-aac.dll that while giving the same "version 7d" in the "about", is a different size (140,048 bytes) than the one posted in the normal plugin download section.  This is at the link http://www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-aac.dll ; post date that showed the link was 2014-12-18.  It works fine here, but was wondering if this is actually a beta/alpha build of some kind and should it actually be used in place of the "normal" build (142,099 bytes, mod. 2013-02-25) of v.7d at this point?

Thanks!  BTW, thanks also for the new FLAC 1.3.2 plugin update!

Dotpitch

Re: AAC plugin
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug '17 - 10:11 »
I noticed that the config for the xmp-aac plugin has a choice to "show VBR bitrate";  when I play an AAC/M4a file or an AAC radio stream that is VBR, the bitrate is shown in the "General" info window the same if that option is checked or unchecked, a number I assume is the average bitrate of the file/stream.  Not sure if that is expected behavior?
The current bit rate is shown in the Main Window (link), the Info Window will just show the average bit rate.

Also, when searching the forum for any mention of the option, I noticed that Ian has put out a modified version of xmp-aac.dll that while giving the same "version 7d" in the "about", is a different size (140,048 bytes) than the one posted in the normal plugin download section.  ...  It works fine here, but was wondering if this is actually a beta/alpha build of some kind and should it actually be used in place of the "normal" build (142,099 bytes, mod. 2013-02-25) of v.7d at this point?
Apparently that's a build that hides some tags.

sveakul

Re: AAC plugin
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug '17 - 05:23 »
Thank you Dotpitch!  The Neutron skin only has a General Info window which is why I couldn't see the difference in settings.  As far as the AAC plugin, think I'll revert to the "posted" version as I'm in the "more info is better" camp as far as tag display if no other changes have been made.