Author Topic: Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfos() Returning Removed Devices  (Read 282 times)

findjammer

Hi,

I'm just writing some code into my application that detects devices being added or removed.  This is all working great but I've hit a stumbling block with Bass.

On application initialisation I call Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfos() to list the available devices.  This also all works great.  The problems start when my application detects that a device has been removed and re-executes a call to Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfos().

For some reason this returns a list that still contains the removed device.

In this instances I'm testing with a USB audio device.  I can start the app with the device connected and the device appears in the list.  I can also start the app with the device disconnected and the device isn't in the list.  All good.  It seems that Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfos() is using cached device data.  How can I tell it to refresh this before listing?

Thanks,

J

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfos() Returning Removed Devices
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep '17 - 16:10 »
Devices are never removed from the device list because that would affect the device numbers. When a device becomes unavailable, the BASS_DEVICE_ENABLED flag is removed from it, so you can check for that. With BASS.Net, you can use the IsEnabled method of the BASS_DEVICEINFO class.

findjammer

Re: Bass.BASS_GetDeviceInfos() Returning Removed Devices
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep '17 - 22:17 »
Ahhhhhh OK.  Many thanks Ian.