Author Topic: Version of XMPlay: where i can see it ?  (Read 4404 times)

Alexander Splinter

Version of XMPlay: where i can see it ?
« on: 31 Jan '02 - 10:08 »
Hi guys. Sorry for my stupid question  :'( , but would You be so kind as to explain me, where i can check the version of my current XMPlayer ?

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
Re: Version of XMPlay: where i can see it ?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan '02 - 10:40 »
in case you have'nt found it yet, look at the taskbar while nothing is playing.

Ralesk

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan '02 - 19:33 »
Ian, could we have it in the XMPlay title bar to the right of the XMPlay text?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan '02 - 20:50 »
But then, if it goes skinnable at some point, some unscrupulous skinner could pretend it's XMPlay 3.0 ;D

Olego

Time
« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb '02 - 00:42 »
Hi,

This problem is a little similar to the version:

WinXP has a vew bugs with XMPlay's mini-mode and other things.

Mini on top: the time is almost impossible to see, because, it seems, that it's cleared just after it's printed out, and not the other way around like when it's in the standard mode.  So it's blank most of the time, UNLESS the counter counts the length (or pattern number) of the mp3 (or mod).

Also, after a few switches to mini mode and back, it gets automatically always-on-top, with no way of putting it in the background.  And that's when weird things start happening: the help bubbles are behind the main window, so they're impossible to see, and when it's switched into and out of mini mode, and right after that another window is brought into focus, everything but the side bars is on top.  It looks like its "shoulders" (the slideable portions) were cut off...  Quite funny, but unusable.  :)

Is that just a WinXP bug, or an XMPlay bug?

~Olego~

Ralesk

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb '02 - 02:18 »
Oleg: that works in me win2k too :)

Ian: like why not control the output text from within XMPlay.exe, and let the skinner only have control over the size and the font and the colour of that text?

Like, even now I can skin it so that I DRAW XMPlay 3.141 on it :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Time
« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb '02 - 16:14 »
hmm... I'll check what that looks like. Or maybe just put it in the "miscellaneous" panel, there's some space there :)

WinXP has a vew bugs with XMPlay's mini-mode and other things.

I'll see if I can get that funky stuff to happen for me too ;D

Olego

Funky Stuff
« Reply #7 on: 1 Feb '02 - 19:51 »

I'll see if I can get that funky stuff to happen for me too ;D

I'd much rather you get that funky stuff not to happen to us, than happen to everyone using XMPlay.  The cause for equality shouldn't spread that far!  ;D

(Of course I know what you mean, but it just sounded funny!)

~Olego~

Pike84

« Reply #8 on: 2 Feb '02 - 00:34 »
Well, I didn't get those weird things happen on my system and I've WinXP too... Maybe I should try harder? ;D

deus-ex

« Reply #9 on: 3 Feb '02 - 12:39 »
Versioninfo could also be done as a helptextbubble, i.e. when mousepointer floats over XMPlay-text
or the like. Or an ABOUT-button in the "miscellaneous" panel? ;)

I would welcome it, if we could have checkmarks in the rightclickmenus in the output-configpaneel,
since interpreting the current settings by the graphic is rather difficult. There's enough space in
the rihghtclickmenus, i think. :)

Ian, would it be a BIG hassle to have an mixerdevice (as an option) like the one in OPENCUBICPLAYER?
It's making massive use of the CPU's Floating Point Unit (stores all samples in 32bit format) with the
advantages of 16777216x linear or 256x cubic spline oversampling, a theoretical 3000dB of Signal/Noise
ratio, sample-exact volume ramping, special anti-click mechanism which does NOT soften up the samples,
and it's about THREE times faster than OCP's Quality Mixer on Pentium and above machines
(and far better sound quality). ::) ::) ::)

Especially older MOD-files DO sound better in OCP using it's FPU-Mixer.

Looking forward to a new XMP version with that basic pattern view, you where talking abaut ;D