Author Topic: ASIO question  (Read 590 times)

redneonglow

ASIO question
« on: 7 May '19 - 02:55 »
Hi,

I had read that ASIO was supposedly better than WASAPI, and decided to try it (called "Realtek ASIO driver" in settings).

I have this problem where after a certain amount of use (or pausing for extended periods of time), XMPlay stutters for about half a second and crashes. The more I increase the buffer size, the longer the wait before the crash happens, but even at the maximum 20 it eventually happens if you listen to e.g. a podcast longer than a half hour.

Is there something else I need to do to get the ASIO output to work?

Thank you!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: ASIO question
« Reply #1 on: 7 May '19 - 18:08 »
If you haven't already, please first try updating to these latest XMPlay and ASIO plugin versions:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe
   www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-asio.dll

If the problem persists, to get some info on it, please upload a dump file for it. You can generate a dump file using the ProcDump tool. Run "procdump -e -ma -x . xmplay.exe", and then ZIP and upload the generated dump file to have a look at here:

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

redneonglow

« Reply #2 on: 7 May '19 - 20:11 »
If you haven't already, please first try updating to these latest XMPlay and ASIO plugin versions:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe
   www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-asio.dll

If the problem persists, to get some info on it, please upload a dump file for it. You can generate a dump file using the ProcDump tool. Run "procdump -e -ma -x . xmplay.exe", and then ZIP and upload the generated dump file to have a look at here:

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

I was using the latest Stuff versions, XMPlay 3.8.3.20 and ASIO 7c.

Should I use ProcDump or ProcDump64?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 8 May '19 - 13:32 »
If you're using a 64-bit Windows version, either should be fine. Otherwise stick with the 32-bit procdump.exe.