Author Topic: asio plugin  (Read 356 times)

Sub-Zero

asio plugin
« on: 18 Jul '19 - 00:40 »
I noticed with the latest 'stuff' versions of xmplay and xmp-asio that adjusting the sample rate no longer affects output.  I've tried various combinations of 'set hardware sample rate' and 'optimal resolution'. Is this intentional? I remember being able to do this in the past.

I am using a creative titanium hd on windows 10 x64.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: asio plugin
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul '19 - 15:28 »
That doesn't seem to be happening here. Do you happen to have the "Apply sample rate to all file formats" option enabled in the Output options page? That would explain why the same sample rate is always used. Otherwise, perhaps the device doesn't support other rates?

Sub-Zero

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul '19 - 22:25 »
I tried that with it both on and off.  It does work if I use microsoft sound mapper.

In the past I was able to dial in rates below 44100 and have it work. I suppose it's possible the creative driver no longer supports this. Anyway, I was reading the other thread about asio and wanted to ask if something changed with xmplay or its asio plugin.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul '19 - 14:04 »
No, I don't recall any changes that would affect that. I don't think Creative soundcards usually support 22050 Hz output. Perhaps you were using a different soundcard before? Do you see different behaviour if you switch back to the current release versions of XMPlay and the ASIO plugin?