Author Topic: Skin: Plastic 4K  (Read 281 times)

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Skin: Plastic 4K
« on: 6 Jan '20 - 18:36 »
Hey everyone!

Since I bought a 4K screen, I was dissatisfied with XMPlay skins being much too small. I soon took matters into my own hands and wrote a web-based tool to automatically scale skins to arbitrary sizes and at the same time, Ian added "Big" mode for simple pixel doubling.

However, proper 4K-skins were still missing. When I found the old 3dsmax files for my 2004 "Plastic" skin, I converted them to Blender and gave them a proper cleanup, re-rendered everything in high resolution and made "Plastic 4K".

Since the original skin was from 2004, some features are missing that you may know from other skins, like more than 5 EQ bands or a 5-star rating. The original also didn't have a "Library" button in the extended playlist, which I added for this version.

The skin is attached as .zip - simply rename it to .xmpskin and it should be picked up by XMPlay.

Enjoy!

yoba

Re: Skin: Plastic 4K
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan '20 - 00:22 »
Nice! Thank you!  :)

Rock & Metal\Scandroid
Rock & Metal?  ???

bauxite69

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan '20 - 00:55 »

Thank you !

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan '20 - 07:21 »
Nice! Thank you!  :)

Rock & Metal\Scandroid
Rock & Metal?  ???

Haha, I was expecting that  ;D
Scandroid is an alternative project of Klayton, who is also Celldweller. I just recently got the Scandroid stuff and was too lazy to sort it correctly, so I put it next to the other Klayton stuff.  ;)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan '20 - 14:03 »
Nice work Thomas. The new skin is now up on the Support site too.

geodasoft

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan '20 - 22:28 »
Thank you!  :)

Y@nekŪ

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan '20 - 16:43 »
Good work and great idea! Thanks!