Author Topic: xmp-midi for XMPlay 3.7 download?  (Read 119 times)

Noname

xmp-midi for XMPlay 3.7 download?
« on: 14 Jun '20 - 18:24 »
Hello, I'd like to download the MIDI plugin compatible with XMPlay 3.7 specifically, if it exists.

Additionally if the old plugins are archived somewhere like old XMPlay versions, please give me that link too, thank you.

The reason why I want to go back to 3.7 is that 3.8.3.4 doesn't play certain S3M correctly and 3.8.4 doesn't play certain MOD correctly.

Example of a MOD not playing correctly in 3.8.4: Random Voice - Monday:
ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/Protracker/Random%20Voice/monday.mod

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: xmp-midi for XMPlay 3.7 download?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun '20 - 15:21 »
Old versions of plugins aren't retained on the server. The old XMPlay and MIDI plugin versions may have their own issues, so it would be better to fix the S3M and MOD issues in the latest version. Please post links to the troublesome S3M and MOD files, along with the position of where the problem is happening in each of them. Also try the latest XMPlay build first, in case they have already been fixed:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

saga

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun '20 - 17:58 »
XMPlay will play the file linked in the first post correctly if you set the MOD playback mode to "PT1" in XMPlay's settings. There are many different ways to play MOD files "correctly", and the correct way depends on which program a file was made with. It's generally impossible to know which program was used to create a MOD file, so you have to change this setting manually.

Noname

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun '20 - 07:08 »
I was wrong about S3M not playing correctly: it was a confusion on my part.
As for MOD, the PT1 setting mentioned by saga solves the playback problems.

Thanks and keep up the good work.