Author Topic: XMPlay and AltaCast for Winamp Title truncation.  (Read 297 times)

Keno18

AltaCast works well with XMPlay except for one thing: The title of the streaming track gets truncated if there is a "." in the title. Everything before the period is dropped. Any way to change this? I can't find anything obvious. Winamp or AIMP don't do this. XMPlay works far better so I'd like to stick with it. Thanks.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: XMPlay and AltaCast for Winamp Title truncation.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul '20 - 15:10 »
That's something that AltaCast is doing when there's also a hyphen in the title. Here's the relevant part of the code:

https://github.com/DustyDrifter/AltaCast/blob/master/trunk/AltaCast/src/altacast_winamp.cpp#L160

I'm not sure why it's doing that (perhaps Winamp sometimes prepends something to the title with a period?) but unfortunately I don't think there's much that XMPlay can do about it. I suppose you could try putting "-." at the start of the "Formatting string" setting in the "Titles" options page. You could then exclude that part from the "Playlist panel" setting to prevent it appearing in the playlist.

Keno18

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul '20 - 02:40 »
Thanks for the answer, all I had to do was to put a "." at the beginning of the title format string and all the data displays. What I can't figure out is what expression to put into the Playlist Panel to hide the ".". I've looked at the manual and Read Me file. Nothing I've tried works. Could you please point me in the right direction.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul '20 - 14:11 »
If you have "-" elsewhere in the title then a leading "." should indeed be sufficient. For the playlist title format, using the same setting but without the leading "." should work. For example, if you're using the default title format of "%?2{%2 - }%?1{%1|%0}" then you would put that in the "Playlist panel" setting and add "." (or "-.") to the start of it in the main "Formatting string" setting.

Keno18

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul '20 - 20:10 »
OK, I put: "-.%?2{%2 - }%?1{%1|%0}" (no quotes) into the Playlist Panel which matches the string I entered in the Titles Formatting string. The "-." still shows in the playlist. Did I miss something? Thanks

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul '20 - 18:13 »
Try leaving out the "-." from the playlist panel setting. So just this: "%?2{%2 - }%?1{%1|%0}"