Author Topic: A possible bug with the OPUS plugin  (Read 340 times)

Nuno

A possible bug with the OPUS plugin
« on: 26 Jul '20 - 19:20 »
When I try to open a folder, which conatins the OPUS files by selecting all items from the folder with Windows Explorer, and pressing enter I get the following error
[Window Title]
Explorer.EXE

[Content]

Invalid FORMATETC structure

[OK]
It works when I select "Open with XMPlay" from the context menu.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: A possible bug with the OPUS plugin
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul '20 - 16:43 »
That looks unlikely to be something specific to the OPUS plugin (it won't display any error messages). To check that, do you get the same message if you remove the OPUS plugin? What about if you do the same thing with non-OPUS files?

Nuno

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul '20 - 22:36 »
It doesn't happen with non-OPUS files.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul '20 - 17:33 »
What about without the OPUS plugin installed?

Nuno

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul '20 - 11:36 »
Hi Ian!
It seems I am stupid then. Without the OPUS plugin it's all the same, but nevertheless something is causing the error. Maybe it's the path?
D:\Różne\elten_export_nuno69_20191211095724\blog\audio

saga

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul '20 - 15:16 »
The window title says "Explorer.EXE". That makes it unlikely that the message is actually coming from XMPlay, and that is backed up by the fact that you say it doesn't happen when using "Open with XMPlay". Maybe it's the built-in Explorer preview that is causing it? Whatever it is, it could be caused either by a file that isn't in the shape it's expected to be, or by some code that cannot handle unicode characters like "ż". You could verify this by putting the same file in a path with no unicode characters, and see if it also happens with other OPUS files from different sources.

Nuno

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul '20 - 17:52 »
I tested with Foobar 2000, and yes... it doesn't play but no... it does not generate the error. The bug is definitely interesting.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul '20 - 16:26 »
Do you get the same error when drag'n'dropping the same files into XMPlay, or other software? Did you also try renaming the folder, like saga suggested?