Author Topic: Introduction to XMPlay  (Read 562 times)

MusicStudioMaker22

Introduction to XMPlay
« on: 13 Aug '20 - 15:01 »
Hello, everybody,
I'm starting to get interested in the forum areas and so I have some questions about XMPlay: First of all, is XMPlay still supported or is there a risk that at some point possible bugs will never be patched again, in which case it wouldn't be worth it personally because I want something lasting ...
And also, does anyone have some typical examples of XMPlay implementations so that I can get a better idea of what it would be good for ... Thank you all in advance and have a nice day!

MusicStudioMaker22

Re: Introduction to XMPlay
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug '20 - 15:55 »
And lastly, are the visuals of the player that can be found on this website still actual today or have they changed in look and features since then? If one or both did happen, how does it look like now and what has actually changed? Best regards and good afternoon!

saga

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug '20 - 16:59 »
XMPlay is still actively developed by Ian, yes. You can see on the front page that the last official release was in December 2019, and there are test builds released every now and then when a bug is fixed or a feature is implemented. That said, there is a risk for any software that at some point bugs will never be patched again.

typical examples of XMPlay implementations so that I can get a better idea of what it would be good for
It can be used to listen to music. Isn't that amazing? ;D

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug '20 - 17:28 »
Note XMPlay doesn't require installation. You can just unzip it into a folder and run it, and then delete it if it doesn't do what you want.

sveakul

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug '20 - 18:40 »
It is also amazingly "small" in total file size and does a terrific job with online radio, including full metadata display and the ability to save raw Opus and FLAC streams which is unique AFAIK.