Author Topic: Bass Addon for Winamp Input plugins  (Read 52947 times)

Irrational86

Re:Bass Addon for Winamp Input plugins
« Reply #50 on: 28 Jun '04 - 18:26 »
The package has been updated again. Now it should work with less/no crackles. Please let me know if any of you still experience any break-ups in the sound.

3delite

« Reply #51 on: 28 Jun '04 - 20:14 »
It looks fine here!  ;D

Will there be support (can it be done at all?) for multiple StreamCreate handles for the same stream?  ::)

Irrational86

« Reply #52 on: 28 Jun '04 - 21:31 »
Not at the moment, because the same stream would use the same plugin, and Winamp plugins only support one file at a time. I have not tested this yet, but my guess is that if I load multiple instances of the same plugin, it should be able to work. But as I said, I have not tested this idea.

3delite

« Reply #53 on: 1 Jul '04 - 23:12 »
I'd like to have that option, if it's not too complicated (like BASS has)!  :)
Another issue I am sad about is the MadTracker plugin. With the Delphi example, the first time I load a mt2 file it plays one second then stops, loading it once more will play, but with pops. In MP3SE I can't play it at all. I have some tracks I made and It'd be cool if I could play them in my app.  8)

Irrational86

« Reply #54 on: 2 Jul '04 - 04:54 »
Can you please send me the plugin? Or tell me the name (if it comes in the Winamp install package)...I have tested a few, most work, and one very strange one requires in_mp3.dll (MP4 demuxer v0.3, filename is in_mp4.dll) to be in it's same directory for it to work, otherwise it wont. Give that a try, put in_mp3.dll in the same plugin dir, and try the MOD one...see if that works.

Please redownload the package and try the latest updates...be sure to update the wrapper also, in because there have been some small API changes
« Last Edit: 2 Jul '04 - 05:00 by XMinioNX »

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #55 on: 2 Jul '04 - 07:42 »
The reason why in_mp4 requires in_mp3 to work is that in_mp4 only demuxes the RAW AAC stream from the MP4 container. in_mp3 is then used to transform the AAC file to PCM and play it back.

Irrational86

« Reply #56 on: 2 Jul '04 - 07:51 »
I see...thanks for that info Sebastian, please download the latest package and try the test again. See if you still have the old problems.

Btw, what does demuxe mean?
« Last Edit: 2 Jul '04 - 07:52 by XMinioNX »

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #57 on: 2 Jul '04 - 14:38 »
Demuxing (short for demultiplexing) is the process of separating multiple parts from one big part. For example, you can demux the sound from a video (so you have the video as one file and the audio as another file) or the audio from a container (for example extract the Vorbis stream from its Ogg container)...

Irrational86

« Reply #58 on: 2 Jul '04 - 16:23 »
Oh, ok. Demultiplexing, that's a bit more clear. Thanks for the definition... :)

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #59 on: 2 Jul '04 - 21:33 »
The problem with the MIDIs seems to be fixed (using the Microsoft Synthesizer). Same applies to the skipping issue and the slider / position problem with the Nullsoft MP4 demuxer. However, the strange buzz when other applications produce sounds is still there.

Irrational86

« Reply #60 on: 3 Jul '04 - 02:39 »
That is very weird, as I have had no reports of anything similar. I guess the problem lies in BASS, because all the plugin does is handle the Winamp plugins, and supply BASS with PCM data...Have you ever used a Custom stream with Bass? Does it produce the sound after it's done?

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #61 on: 3 Jul '04 - 08:22 »
No, never used custom streams. Anyways, here is a step-for-step guide to reproduce the problem:

1. Start your Delphi example, browse for plugins and open a file (I tried with an MP3 for example).
2. Let the music play for 10 seconds and then hit stop. Do not close the Delphi application.
3. Open a program which produces sound (in my case, I used Trillian Pro).
4. The first time the sound plays, it will be covered by a noise. If you produce the sound again, it should be OK.
« Last Edit: 3 Jul '04 - 08:23 by Sebastian Mares »

3delite

« Reply #62 on: 3 Jul '04 - 13:02 »
The same here, after the 3rd step while accessing the menus a strange buzz sounds and not the set (windows) sound effect.  :-\
After 2 or 3 buzzes (menu opens) the normal effect comes back.

Irrational86

« Reply #63 on: 3 Jul '04 - 15:17 »
hmm...I think I know why...It is the 32bit flag that was left in the sample by mistake (although it doesnt make much difference)...You two are probably running Windows XP, could you please try it on a non-XP windows and see if the same thing happens?

3delite

« Reply #64 on: 3 Jul '04 - 18:20 »
Sorry, only XP here.  :-\

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #65 on: 3 Jul '04 - 18:25 »
I will test on my virtual machine (Windows ME). ;)

3delite

« Reply #66 on: 3 Jul '04 - 20:13 »
Watsa that?  :) ::)

Sebastian_Mares

Irrational86

« Reply #68 on: 4 Jul '04 - 03:39 »
Since you have not posted anything being wrong, I guess the test went all right? If so, its what I thought, the WinXP with 32bit channels bug. Talk to Ian about it, he'll work something out, and like I said, it is Bass related, not BassWinamp. Although it is not Bass's fault, because it is DirectX messing up, but this is the same issue that has been around, and just comes out with a different symptom. ;)
« Last Edit: 4 Jul '04 - 03:41 by XMinioNX »

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #69 on: 4 Jul '04 - 08:59 »
Sorry for not posting, but I am busy with my school exams.

Anyways, I tested the add-on on Windows ME and it worked fine, yes. :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: 4 Jul '04 - 12:48 »
That's the old "XP pausing bug" chestnut, which affects any application that uses anything above 16-bit (eg. 24/32-bit) output. BASS has had a workaround for it since 1.8, but the problem also occurs when stopping a sound (not only pausing), so the workaround has recently been extended to cover that.

I don't recall if that extended workaround has been released yet or not. Are you using the latest BASS release? If you are, and still have the problem, here's the latest DLL to try.

MrTDelphi

« Reply #71 on: 4 Jul '04 - 18:09 »
Ian  what version is ? 2.0.23 ?

Best, LuQ

3delite

« Reply #72 on: 5 Jul '04 - 14:10 »
I don't recall if that extended workaround has been released yet or not. Are you using the latest BASS release? If you are, and still have the problem, here's the latest DLL to try.

Promising!  ;)

da18

« Reply #73 on: 5 Jul '04 - 18:39 »
Not Play
in_tara.dll -> *.Rm,*.Rmvb   :-\

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #74 on: 5 Jul '04 - 21:44 »
Do you have RealOne installed?