Author Topic: Bass Addon for Winamp Input plugins  (Read 52929 times)

da18

Re:Bass Addon for Winamp Input plugins
« Reply #75 on: 6 Jul '04 - 09:33 »
I Install RealPlayer10 Chinese, But Open *.Rm Not answer,bring on tenor die.

Philip Deem

BassWinamp
« Reply #76 on: 10 Jul '04 - 18:29 »
A major bug in this build is that calling BASS_WINAMP_LoadPlugin more than once without closing down the ide in Visual Basic 6 causes a GPF every time. I haven't checked this in a compiled exe as yet...

Also BASS_WINAMP_GetExtentions doesn't parse the multiple extensions returned by plugins such as in_midi.dll.

Irrational86

Re:BassWinamp
« Reply #77 on: 10 Jul '04 - 18:53 »
I have not tried BassWinamp in VB because I don't program in VB, but it shouldn't cause any problems.

What exactly do you mean by "...doesn't parse the multiple extensions..."? Give an example please.

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #78 on: 10 Jul '04 - 21:42 »
in_midi for example accepts MIDI, RMI... files. He states that your code only gets the MIDI extension as supported format.

Irrational86

« Reply #79 on: 10 Jul '04 - 22:09 »
Well...the example program works fine, and all extentions are there...I understand what you mean about BASS_WINAMP_GetExtentions not "parsing" the extentions. You have to look at how the example program does it to figure out how to parse them.

Example of how extentions are returned:
"Layer 3 MPEG\0*.mp3;*.mp2\0Layer 2 MPEG\0*.mp2\0Layer 1 MPEG\0*.mpg\0\0"

The \0 is the NULL character (equals zero)
« Last Edit: 12 Jul '04 - 13:32 by XMinioNX »

Philip Deem

« Reply #80 on: 12 Jul '04 - 11:11 »
I have not tried BassWinamp in VB because I don't program in VB, but it shouldn't cause any problems.

I get an EAaccessViolation in module Bass_Winamp.dll at memory location 036F232C.

Also another little problem that I have found is this
Trying to open 2 streams doesn't work.
Stream1 = BASS_WINAMP_StreamCreate(File1, 0)
Stream2 = BASS_WINAMP_StreamCreate(File2, 0)
lngStream1 is non 0 and plays.
lngStream2 is 0 and doesn't play.

Irrational86

« Reply #81 on: 12 Jul '04 - 13:30 »
When exactly do you get the error, when calling BASS_WINAMP_LoadPlugin more than once? If so, is it always on the same plugin? ...Please give more details

There are some limitations, you can create more than one stream as long as the same stream does not use the same plugin.

Philip Deem

« Reply #82 on: 13 Jul '04 - 08:08 »
When exactly do you get the error, when calling BASS_WINAMP_LoadPlugin more than once? If so, is it always on the same plugin? ...Please give more details

There are some limitations, you can create more than one stream as long as the same stream does not use the same plugin.

More details eh..
Okay the scenerio is A program is being edited in the vb ide. It is run and the function is called then the program is stopped for more editing. On the second run the ide crashes with that error.
As to which plugin crashes it, it appears that the first call on the second run causes the crash whatever the plugin happens to be. I have tested this on folders with a single plugin in the folder.

As to the multiple streams not working unless they use different plugins will this be changed at all because it would effect anybody using the library and wishing to play multiple tracks at once (eg: writers of dj programs)

Cheers ;)

Irrational86

« Reply #83 on: 13 Jul '04 - 08:22 »
It might, not at the moment, but maybe in a few weeks (if it is indeed possible to use the same plugin various times)

CM

« Reply #84 on: 13 Jul '04 - 22:38 »
Your DLL seems very usefull. But I can't use it with C++Builder 6.0 because can't make *.lib file for it.
bass_winamp.dll was compressed by PECompact and through that implib.exe can't make LIB file.

Please, if you can, send me not compressed dll - it's one way to use it with BCB. And I very need your dll.

myjobs@mail.ru

Irrational86

« Reply #85 on: 14 Jul '04 - 02:22 »
The issue is being looked into, I will provide you with what I can as soon as possible.

Although I have sent you an e-mail with an attached copy of the *.lib file of the uncompressed version to try out and see if it works.

Irrational86

« Reply #86 on: 14 Jul '04 - 23:53 »
The package has been updated to include the LIB file

Irrational86

« Reply #87 on: 17 Jul '04 - 21:11 »
CM (aka myjobs) I have tried to send you an e-mail various times, and your e-mail service providor just returns them. It says access from this IP is prohibited. Can you please see what is wrong, and mail me?
« Last Edit: 17 Jul '04 - 21:11 by XMinioNX »

CM

« Reply #88 on: 17 Jul '04 - 22:57 »
XMinioNX, do you receive my letter with attached addon for BassWinamp module with sample in C++Builder?
For connection with me you can try mail9@rambler.ru address.
If you can't connect via this mail, write here(in private) all what you want :)

hesham

« Reply #89 on: 21 Jul '04 - 00:13 »
i am very happy

Irrational86

« Reply #90 on: 23 Jul '04 - 16:21 »
The BassWinamp package has been updated, along with the DLL. Quite a few fixes have been made, one of the most important is that now you can start playing the same handle as many times as you want when the stream ends. Before it would just refuse to play.

3delite

Re: Bass Addon for Winamp Input plugins
« Reply #91 on: 4 Nov '06 - 14:25 »
Just downloaded the package from the BASS Add-ons page, and it's not working at all!
On application startup I get:
"The procedure GetTickCount could not be located in the DLL kernel32.dll." :o

I see it has a Delphi sources I'll try to recompile...

3delite

« Reply #92 on: 4 Nov '06 - 14:51 »
It compiled ok, it's double the size of the previous, but al least works.
For those who are interested: bass_winamp.dll 100KB

radio42

« Reply #93 on: 4 Nov '06 - 16:31 »
Any API changes?
Since I want to keep that one up to date within BASS.NET...

3delite

« Reply #94 on: 6 Nov '06 - 22:27 »
No, didn't add anything!
Just built it. :)