Author Topic: Wishlist for XMPlay 3.2  (Read 91806 times)

Aux

Re: Wishlist for XMPlay 3.2
« Reply #225 on: 21 Jan '05 - 08:55 »
Well, I'm submiting bugs about 2-3 times per month to Opera Software for their browser. I think I can handle XMPlay too (:

You can write to me to aux /at/ liqu.id.lv since I check my profile e-mail rarely.

Knurek

« Reply #226 on: 21 Jan '05 - 10:00 »
I'd like to beta test, through WINE under linux that is. Maybe 3.2, with the fundamental changes initiated, will run more smoothly. Maybe not, i'd like to give it a shot.

Would be really good if XMPlay would work fine under WINE. I'm planning full switch to linux later this year, and XMPlay is the only thing that is keeping me in the Windows platform. :|

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: 21 Jan '05 - 13:55 »
I'd like to beta test, through WINE under linux that is. Maybe 3.2, with the fundamental changes initiated, will run more smoothly. Maybe not, i'd like to give it a shot.

The changes aren't GUI related, so I don't think it's likely to make any difference to WINE. But I'll send the beta to Knurek to test with his MODs, and he can check that too :)

Roj

« Reply #228 on: 21 Jan '05 - 20:11 »

The changes aren't GUI related, so I don't think it's likely to make any difference to WINE. But I'll send the beta to Knurek to test with his MODs, and he can check that too :)

Can you give us a brief thumbnail of what 3.2 has in store?

Kyle

« Reply #229 on: 23 Jan '05 - 07:27 »
"The changes aren't GUI related, so I don't think it's likely to make any difference to WINE."

I'm getting a segmentation fault at the start of the program, that for some stupid reason, WINE won't give any debug info on. So all I get is "Segmentation Fault" and poof, it bombs. I.e. I can't tell weather it's a problem with the GUI, or the code.

Knurek

« Reply #230 on: 23 Jan '05 - 08:46 »
I'm getting a segmentation fault at the start of the program, that for some stupid reason, WINE won't give any debug info on. So all I get is "Segmentation Fault" and poof, it bombs. I.e. I can't tell weather it's a problem with the GUI, or the code.

I got more. Not much, but it's a start (hopefully).

"Unhandled exception (thread 0009)
err:seh:setup_exception nested exception on signal stack in thread 0009 eip 401c879a esp 40031cb8 stack 0x40590000-0x40690000"

This is constant. Running xmplay.exe -tray doesn't change it.
« Last Edit: 23 Jan '05 - 09:23 by Knurek »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: 23 Jan '05 - 18:33 »
Can you give us a brief thumbnail of what 3.2 has in store?

Won't that ruin the surprise? Downloading a new version should be like Christmas morning - hoping for something great, but sometimes getting socks ;D

Strange. I remember when I tried it before, the GUI was messed up (side panels not where they should be), but it didn't crash. I guess I'll have to give it another go.

Kyle

« Reply #232 on: 23 Jan '05 - 18:49 »
Thanks Knurek!
And it is strange...I'm using the latest official release of WINE off sourceforge, so that may be what it is. We'll see.

chuchu

« Reply #233 on: 2 Feb '05 - 11:11 »
Use own plug-in architechture,
forget the winamp plug-in nightmare/problem forever :)

Zarggg

« Reply #234 on: 2 Feb '05 - 17:41 »

Oh, hell no. This would require nearly all plugins for non-native file formats to be recoded for XMPlay's own plugin system, and I seriously doubt the authors would want to do that.

That's a sure-fire way to kill XMPlay.

Tsorovan

« Reply #235 on: 2 Feb '05 - 17:47 »
Nightmare/problem? How?

Roj

« Reply #236 on: 2 Feb '05 - 18:36 »

Oh, hell no. This would require nearly all plugins for non-native file formats to be recoded for XMPlay's own plugin system, and I seriously doubt the authors would want to do that.

That's a sure-fire way to kill XMPlay.

Is there a BASS plugin for Winamp?  Just curious...

Knurek

« Reply #237 on: 2 Feb '05 - 19:36 »

Google is your friend.
http://www.copro.org/index.php/inbass

chuchu

« Reply #238 on: 3 Feb '05 - 10:56 »
Nightmare/problem? How?

The winamp5 plugins have many problem :-\
forturnately xmplay doesn't use the winamp's wma,vorbis plugins,both of them create more problems ;D
xmplay itself doesn't support MP4 container, so using the winamp plugins is a bad idea(this pligins can't recognize MP2/3-in-mp4).

Knurek

« Reply #239 on: 3 Feb '05 - 12:00 »
The winamp5 plugins have many problem :-\

If you don't like them, don't use them. Simple as that.
If/When the native plugin system gonna be added, you'll be free to write your own ones. Or still use the old ones, whatever floats your boat.

Kyle

« Reply #240 on: 3 Feb '05 - 13:55 »
...Recode the plugin format...Okay, considering that the current system works well on its own...There's hardly a point in that.

Anyway, I still would like to see if the beta would get around the unhandled exception (for WINE), if it turns out that the beta gets around it, and the official release won't, then at least we can narrow the problem, right?

Roj

« Reply #241 on: 3 Feb '05 - 14:28 »

Google is your friend.
http://www.copro.org/index.php/inbass

Yeah - found one afterwards.  Doesn't do mp3 or ogg.

Kyle

« Reply #242 on: 6 Feb '05 - 08:22 »
If at all possible, about the only thing I can ask for is a stop after current track, and a close after current track (or queue) function.

HyperDrive

« Reply #243 on: 12 Feb '05 - 23:09 »
My wishlist? Just a tunable FIR interpolator (a la Winamp MOD plug-in) and 88200 Hz sampling rate... ;D

Alec Soroudi

« Reply #244 on: 17 Mar '05 - 22:53 »
Well it's a little late for 3.2 but for 3.3 or 3.2.05, it would be nice to have a little button that registers all known file types instead of having to click each one.  That way it's easier to steal all types from WMP/Winamp/etc.   :D

Tsorovan

« Reply #245 on: 26 Mar '05 - 21:36 »
[wrong, old thread]
« Last Edit: 26 Mar '05 - 21:42 by Tsorovan »

Svante

« Reply #246 on: 26 Mar '05 - 21:39 »
Well it's a little late for 3.2 but for 3.3 or 3.2.05, it would be nice to have a little button that registers all known file types instead of having to click each one. That way it's easier to steal all types from WMP/Winamp/etc. :D

Yes, that would be useful

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #247 on: 27 Mar '05 - 12:06 »
Since "Reg. Clean" doesn't unregister all filetypes, a second button to do so (besides the one suggested) would be nice, in case someone decides to try another player for the time being - or just clicked "register all" by accident.

Roj

« Reply #248 on: 27 Mar '05 - 15:37 »
We just about ready for another release of 3.2 (.05)?  It's gotta be close - Ian has been cranking mercilessly on the last few niggling bugs...