Author Topic: tool 4 when it crashes...  (Read 4219 times)

fernsx

tool 4 when it crashes...
« on: 22 Aug '04 - 07:45 »
hi guys, i found this tool:
http://www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=432

"Inspector IIXII is a small (6KB) assembler program written by Axel Siebert to log crash data which is more useful than the standard Windows crash reports. It can be used with any program."
"Crash reports can be useful to find out why a program crashes, and thus fix the crash bug in the code."

maybe might help whe  xmp crashes, to give more helpfull data to ian

Fraggie

Re:tool 4 when it crashes...
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug '04 - 15:52 »
It's useless. XMPlay never crashes.  :P

raina

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug '04 - 16:49 »
Yeah! Isn't it great? Nowadays you really have to try and make XMPlay crash and even then it might not. Something that couldn't be said in the early stages of XMPlay 2. When this was brought up I noticed I had totally forgotten the days of the unstable version 2. Back then I developed this habit of closing and restarting XMPlay whenever I queued more than 5 tracks on the playlist so that if the tiny fragile butterfly ever did fall down from the sky it wouldn't have its memories taken away.  :'( 'n'  :P 'n' out.

Torkell

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug '04 - 17:37 »
It's useless. XMPlay never crashes.  :P
You must just not be looking ;D

It's not bulletproof - feed it a bad MOD and down it goes - but it is more stable than most things.

Greebo

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug '04 - 11:52 »
My friend and I get crashes if we add directories containing around 1000 mp3s or more.

Pike84

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug '04 - 11:59 »
Have you ruled out the possibility that it's just a single (/group of) mp3 among the lot, that's causing problems?

I often add thousands of mpc/mp3/mod files myself, because I like to have one playlist that contains all of my music. No problems here.

Greebo

« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug '04 - 14:29 »
I haven't ruled out that possibility.

Tsorovan

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug '04 - 13:19 »
I once loaded 17,000 MP3s without XMPlay crashing.