Author Topic: dsp plugins dont work properly???  (Read 2846 times)

napzta

dsp plugins dont work properly???
« on: 13 Dec '04 - 10:06 »
i've realised using dsp plugins like those that change tempo and pitch dont work properly.....does xmplay support them or not...a lot of other plugins do work, so i'm jus wondering

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Re:dsp plugins dont work properly???
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec '04 - 11:28 »
XMPlay does NOT currently support DSP plugins that change speed or pitch, this has been said often enough in the forum. Please read the "Read before posting" thread.

cbc

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec '04 - 20:58 »

Anyone using the "Enhancer" plugin w/ XMP? As was the case w/ WinAmp, I can't get the thing to work no matter what. I enabled it & the WinAmp wrapper, and the very first time I started Enhancer up , it seemed to work. But after I tried adjusting some of the sliders to see what they do, the sound remains the same with or without it "powered" and moving any of the controls, or setting a preset up causes no discernable difference.

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec '04 - 22:26 »
Don't forget to enable the plugin under the Winamp DSP Wrapper, which you can see in the second screenshot on this page: Setting up DSP plugins

cbc

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec '04 - 00:50 »

..sigh...dang if I didn't do it again. Yep didn't have it set to 16bit (that's why it worked in the beginning till I changed to 24bit)
eh, can't say it adds much benefit to the sound , but...

thank you!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec '04 - 13:17 »
From what I've seen, most Winamp DSP plugins only support 16-bit (hence that's the default setting in the wrapper).