Author Topic: XMPlay FLAC plugin  (Read 34541 times)

Roj

Re: XMPlay FLAC plugin
« Reply #25 on: 18 Feb '05 - 15:20 »
I would have thought a more likely explanation to be that streaming requires a particular technology which isn't available on the average website.

Likely - I don't know much about streaming.  Come to think of it, I have seen plugins for QCD that were supposed to turn it into a streaming radio station if I remember correctly.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 19 Feb '05 - 13:06 »
With the latest version, the active plugin still shows in the info window as being 1.1.0.

That's the encoder version that was used to produce the file being played.

Regarding streaming files... no special technology is required - if you can download it, you can stream it :)

Roj

« Reply #27 on: 19 Feb '05 - 13:26 »
Regarding streaming files... no special technology is required - if you can download it, you can stream it :)

Hey, I said I knew very little about it (read: nothing). :D

Brian

« Reply #28 on: 19 Feb '05 - 15:09 »
With the latest version, the active plugin still shows in the info window as being 1.1.0.

(1) That's the encoder version that was used to produce the file being played.

(2) Regarding streaming files... no special technology is required - if you can download it, you can stream it :)

(1) Yes, of course - silly me.

(2) That's curious. I can download any kind of music file from my storage bay at Streamload, but can only stream lossy formats.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 19 Feb '05 - 17:26 »
(2) That's curious. I can download any kind of music file from my storage bay at Streamload, but can only stream lossy formats.

Strange. I guess it's possible the server could check the client name, and only allow the download if it's a specific client (eg. known browser). Btw, if you don't want to give the URL of your test file publicly, you could PM it to me.

Brian

« Reply #30 on: 19 Feb '05 - 18:38 »
Btw, if you don't want to give the URL of your test file publicly, you could PM it to me.

Thanks, but it's no longer important now that I've established that I can stream FLAC from third-party sites. My monthly traffic limit on my own site is far too modest to make regular FLAC streaming from there an option.

Tsorovan

« Reply #31 on: 6 Mar '05 - 01:54 »
I get this crash when playing a couple of FLACs from the same encode; crashes during "buffer". in_flac.dll plays them without a problem. 100% reproducibility.
If you need a file... well, the smallest is 52 MB... maybe the beginning of the file would be sufficient...?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 6 Mar '05 - 12:43 »
If it's crashing when opening the file (not during playback), then just the beginning of the file may well be sufficient.

Brian

« Reply #33 on: 6 Mar '05 - 15:48 »
Exactly the same problem here; don't know why it didn't happen when I was first trying out the plugin.

Tsorovan

« Reply #34 on: 6 Mar '05 - 18:50 »
First 1.03 MB
Since it's incomplete, seeking in the file naturally makes XMPlay lock up.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 7 Mar '05 - 13:37 »
Strange. The file plays fine here. It seeks fine (just jumps back when trying to seek beyond end of file) too :)

Are you using the release version on the XMPlay page, or the beta that was posted in this thread? In any case, here's an update to try (basically exactly the same as before but with the minor plugin system additions from the .3 update)...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-flac.dll

If it still crashes, does removing all other plugins stop it?

Brian

« Reply #36 on: 7 Mar '05 - 13:53 »
That solves the problem here. I can't remember which version of the plugin I was using before, but I suspect it was the beta.

Tsorovan

« Reply #37 on: 7 Mar '05 - 21:18 »
Ah, I thought this one posted here was the latest and greatest. This solves both problemitos, thanks!

Roj

« Reply #38 on: 8 Mar '05 - 03:55 »
In any case, here's an update to try (basically exactly the same as before but with the minor plugin system additions from the .3 update)...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-flac.dll

If this is a final (and it looks like it is), can someone please update the support site?

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #39 on: 8 Mar '05 - 07:16 »
Will be updated soon as I get home.

Up now. :)
« Last Edit: 8 Mar '05 - 09:09 by Keltic Danor »

Roj

« Reply #40 on: 8 Mar '05 - 11:49 »
Will be updated soon as I get home.

Up now. :)

10-Q! :)

Tsorovan

« Reply #41 on: 16 May '05 - 15:30 »
I have a bunch of files (from the same encode) that just won't play with xmp-flac. They fail the verifying stage. They do play in in_flac but takes a while longer to load. I'm guessing it's some kind of tag issue maybe.

The FTP didn't want to work for me today, so I PMed you (Ian) the URL.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 16 May '05 - 18:51 »
The FLAC plugin doesn't recognise the file because of the ID3v2 tags at the start of it. Here's an update to try, in which XMPlay removes the tags when feeding the file to the plugin...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

It's a bit experimental, so let me know if you find other files are now buggered :)

Tsorovan

« Reply #43 on: 29 May '05 - 21:32 »
Um yeah, forgetful as I am, I forgot to try this update. I did it now, but maybe the fix wasn't in the latest xmplay.exe, because it's not working.

Filesize: 254,556 bytes

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: 1 Jun '05 - 12:14 »
Strange. It seems to be fine here with the file you provided (09 - inferno.flac). Is that file still not working there, or is it another file(s) that's not working?

Tsorovan

« Reply #45 on: 2 Jun '05 - 05:50 »
No files from that particular encode work. I will try with removing all other plugins later today, because I have another plugin-related bug happening that I need to sort out (sometimes some plugin thinks it's being smart by adding gifs and jpgs and txts to the playlist, thus crashing XMPlay). I'll keep you posted!

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #46 on: 2 Jun '05 - 10:02 »
(sometimes some plugin thinks it's being smart by adding gifs and jpgs and txts to the playlist, thus crashing XMPlay)
But txts is a playable file, xml too. ;D

piovrauz

« Reply #47 on: 27 Jul '05 - 10:50 »
I've a problem with FLAC native plug-in.

If I drag & drop some FLAC files to XMPlay, it starts playing the first, but after some seconds it gave me an error message and I must press "OK" and XMPlay exits. Same thing if I add to the playlist.

If I remove tags, all run fine (I use only track and artist name)
Don't appens with modules, so I think it's plug in related.

I've mailed to admin[at]un4seen[dot]com the file Piovrauz_FLAC_bug_info, but I have no Dr. Watson logs.

Piovrauz

piovrauz

« Reply #48 on: 6 Jan '06 - 11:06 »
Sorry, but with XMPlay 3.3 I can't play any FLAC. Plugin dosn't appear in the plugin list.

Piovrauz

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 6 Jan '06 - 17:07 »
An updated FLAC plugin (see XMPlay page) was released with 3.3 - the old version is no longer supported.