Author Topic: REAL PLAYER STREAMING AUDIO  (Read 10455 times)

VeryFriendLee

REAL PLAYER STREAMING AUDIO
« on: 1 Aug '04 - 16:25 »
HI FOLKS. Just installed the REAL AUDIO PLUGIN. Wanted to downlad and save the final gig from ORBITAL at www.bbc.co.uk/radio1. They BBC use REAL PLAYER AUDIO stream (RAM). Every time i attempt to do this XMPlayer crashes. It attempts to take the stream, buffers it then locks up. Is it just me or is it happeneing with anyone else. ANy feedback and help much appeciated.

Jace

Re:REAL PLAYER STREAMING AUDIO
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug '04 - 16:42 »
Tried it out with the Tara plugin and Real Alternative..
First it started to buffer, but nothing started to play.
I tried again, and it didn't go further than 'connecting...' :-\
No crashing though! ;D

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
Re:REAL PLAYER STREAMING AUDIO
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug '04 - 17:08 »
I tried: http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/vi.ram

And it worked perfectly here.

You *cannot* use realone player or any of the most recent real player versions. This is very important. (I tried it with Realplayer 8 Basic).

If you used the tara installer off the support site everything should be in the right spot if not, use this Tara Plugin. That might fix the crashes.

Alec

Re: REAL PLAYER STREAMING AUDIO
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar '05 - 17:10 »
xmplay did stop after buffering ram media and often crashed when I used RealAlternative instead of original realaudio installation.
RealPlayer 8 is last usable product from real. Its light and fast enough too. DO NOT TRY TO ACQUIRE any later real products!

Daniel Tietzer

Don't bother with the BBC Real Player
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar '05 - 05:01 »
Use the Tara or Innover plugin and the codecs from

quambas.narod.ru

make sure to install them in the default realplayer directory

these play the real streams perfectly and you are recognized nine times out of ten by those bulky internet-based players as having real installed.

Torkell

Re: REAL PLAYER STREAMING AUDIO
« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar '05 - 20:09 »
I dunno... I rather like the latest incarnation of realplayer (RealOnePlayer, BBC version, unregistered). Certainly it's suprising good quality for streaming video over dialup.