Author Topic: command lines?  (Read 4273 times)

fernsx

command lines?
« on: 11 Dec '04 - 23:26 »
any way to control xmp using command lines?
what i'm looking for is to control xmp using buttons/icons, (play, pause, next, prev, stop, close, open, add, random, repeat, show/close info playlist, and a xmp window restore in normal mode could be usefull.

fernsx

Re:command lines?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec '04 - 04:02 »
by the way i am trying to control xmplay using buttons/controls from the BBLEAN (blackbox) shell.
it has a plugin called bbinterface that can add buttons/labels, etc and make you abel to create kickass panels on your desktop.
there are ways to control other player(winamp, foobar) but havent found any to control my fave XMPLAY
check this shot from blackbox using bbinterface plugin:

see the small box in the bottom right corner? see those controls? well they are supposed to control a player like foobar or winamp, but i think xmplay is better.
thanks

Torkell

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec '04 - 12:16 »
XMPlay can be controlled through DDE - search the forums for more information, I posted details of how to do so with VB.

Vesh

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec '04 - 04:46 »
If BB's bang control is set up anything like LiteStep, you can create bang macros of those DDE commands/triggers.

Damnit, now I wanna go alt-shell again.  =]

Jace

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec '04 - 06:26 »
Vesh: Tell me how to NOW or face the consequences ;D
(Your hamster might face a horrible destiny if you don't!)

Vesh

« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec '04 - 09:46 »
It's a DDE module. Something like 'Litemon'. When I have a minute, I'll check some CDs for my old .rc's.

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #6 on: 13 Dec '04 - 12:13 »
XMPlay can be controlled through DDE - search the forums for more information, I posted details of how to do so with VB.

Here-ish DDE commands & stuff

fernsx

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec '04 - 05:36 »
m i'm pretty new to blackbox shell, for the moment i don't know how to use thos dde with xmplay, i know how to control other players but that's made through a blackbox plugin.

dude if you can make it to work on bb please pass us the info, ok? ;)

m5

Re: command lines?
« Reply #8 on: 27 May '05 - 11:21 »
Ok, I'm reviving this thread.

I'd like to execute basic xmplay commands (play, pause, next etc) via command line parameters or in some other "external" way without having to program something (which I probably couldn't do).

Some replies in this thread suggested using DDE as described here
https://www.un4seen.com/forum/?board=2;action=display;threadid=3009;start=15

Sadly I don't get very much of how to go about using that. Could someone give me some end-user-answers concerning using these DDE functions. Can they somehow be utilized via command line parameters for xmplay.exe or via some other basic win xp tool?

Another question: I user the automation tool Girder and it's capable to send "Wparam" & "Lparam" messages to applications. Is that the same as DDE? If so, could someone describe the format I should use when formulatng W/Lparam settings out of the DDE functions from the link above.

Tsorovan

« Reply #9 on: 27 May '05 - 13:17 »
Somewhere on this forum, some guy had made a dde.exe program. It doesn't work on Win2K/XP though, but he supplied the code and it's a simple one-line fix.

Torkell

« Reply #10 on: 28 May '05 - 09:29 »
Ok, I'm reviving this thread.

I'd like to execute basic xmplay commands (play, pause, next etc) via command line parameters or in some other "external" way without having to program something (which I probably couldn't do).

Some replies in this thread suggested using DDE as described here
https://www.un4seen.com/forum/?board=2;action=display;threadid=3009;start=15

Sadly I don't get very much of how to go about using that. Could someone give me some end-user-answers concerning using these DDE functions. Can they somehow be utilized via command line parameters for xmplay.exe or via some other basic win xp tool?
Not as far as I know of, and its unlikely you'd find anything from Microsoft as I think they consider DDE to be 'legacy'.

Another question: I user the automation tool Girder and it's capable to send "Wparam" & "Lparam" messages to applications. Is that the same as DDE? If so, could someone describe the format I should use when formulatng W/Lparam settings out of the DDE functions from the link above.
Nope - different thing entirely. If its talking about wParam and lParam, then it almost certainly is using messages, not DDE.

If I get a chance I'll compile that sample code I did fro DDE, and add some command-line stuff to it.

m5

« Reply #11 on: 28 May '05 - 17:22 »
Thanks for the replies.

BoggyB: ok, I'll keep a look out for that in the future.