Author Topic: ! Bugs/Problems (3.2.0.6)  (Read 56952 times)

Sanxion7

Re: ! Bugs/Problems (3.2.0.6)
« Reply #25 on: 28 Jun '05 - 22:54 »
I'd recommend you check how you operate the 0xx function. I have a XM that doesn't sound the same in your player as it does the other trackers. (The end sounds especially icky.) Where should I mail it?

Alexsource

« Reply #26 on: 29 Jun '05 - 00:14 »
Just upload it to the ftp pointed above by Ian ;)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 30 Jun '05 - 13:26 »
turrican2_remix.mod uploaded ;)

The file appears to have some extra stuff attached at the front? The "M.K." signature is at offset 1110 instead of the normal 1080.

Bistzack

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun '05 - 19:48 »
Could someone check this ogg file:

echolyn.ogg (~ 1.5 MB)

I saved this file with Screamer Radio. It seems like it is dodgy although AVIcoded reports it to be: 75 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, Ogg Vorbis (mode1). I cannot play it neither in XMPlay nor in Winamp. Other ogg files, that I saved from the same radio station, are playable.

Dotpitch

« Reply #29 on: 1 Jul '05 - 15:22 »
Could someone check this ogg file:

echolyn.ogg (~ 1.5 MB)

I saved this file with Screamer Radio. It seems like it is dodgy although AVIcoded reports it to be: 75 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, Ogg Vorbis (mode1). I cannot play it neither in XMPlay nor in Winamp. Other ogg files, that I saved from the same radio station, are playable.

Code: [Select]
ARTIST=Echolyn
TITLE=Suffocating The Bloom
ALBUM=Suffocating The Bloom
GENRE=Progressive Rock
TRACKNUMBER=21
SONGTYPE=S
OVERLAY=no
this piece of the tags shows up pretty often in the beginning of the file. something wrong with the taggers/encoder?
"aoTuV b3 [20041120] (based on Xiph.Org's libVorbis) with SAM3 technology"
Code: [Select]
ogginfo 1.0.1
Processing file "echolyn.ogg"...

New logical stream (#1, serial: 42fa8d9d): type vorbis
Warning: Hole in data found at approximate offset 4500 bytes. Corrupted ogg.
Warning: sequence number gap in stream 1. Got page 2 when expecting page 1. Indicates missing data.
Warning: Could not decode vorbis header packet - invalid vorbis stream (1) [Many times]
Warning: EOS not set on stream 1
Vorbis stream 1:
Total data length: 0 bytes
Playback length: 0m:00s
Average bitrate: -1,#IND00 kbps
i'd agree with ogginfo that it's corrupted... :-\

Alexsource

« Reply #30 on: 1 Jul '05 - 15:34 »
turrican2_remix.mod uploaded ;)

The file appears to have some extra stuff attached at the front? The "M.K." signature is at offset 1110 instead of the normal 1080.
mmmmm.... wondered how that happened... Just for fun, i took the file to my other box, and this are the results:
ft208: a small loop of  noises mostly small clip sounds.
ft209: a small loop of a diffrent kind of noises.
modplug, all versions i had: yet a different set of noises.
:P
The xmplay i have over there (3.2.something, not sure), won't add the file to the playlist.
So i guess it's kinda safe to say the file is corrupted? :P
PLUS: modplug tought the "noise3" bit was part of the tune's name.
« Last Edit: 1 Jul '05 - 15:36 by Alexsource »

Bistzack

« Reply #31 on: 1 Jul '05 - 15:52 »
i'd agree with ogginfo that it's corrupted... :-\

OK, I'll report it on Screamer Radio forum. Thanks Dotpitch!

piovrauz

A little problem (that crash Xmplay)
« Reply #32 on: 4 Jul '05 - 08:45 »
A little problem (that crash Xmplay):

I encoded a CD (a live performance) in the OGG format, in a unique big file, at quality 9 (75m, about 200Mb), creating the cuesheet with the titles of the tracks. It play fine, but sometime, if I press the options button (or selecting by right click menu), Xmplay crash.

I found that the pitch was around 0dB (as the CD), so I reduced -3dB an then re-encoded at quality 8 (75m, about 150Mb).

Now it plays fine, but I want to know if Xmplay has problem with big filesize/high bitrate OGG files, cause I'm planning to encode in this format my CD collection, and metal music tend to generate big files (lowering the quality kill hi freq, at least ones that I hear).

By the way: does someone know a program able to extract cuesheets from audio CD and let edit each track name/artist?
Something like "read cuesheet" and "edit cuesheet" only prog.

Thanks,

PiovrauZ.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: A little problem (that crash Xmplay)
« Reply #33 on: 4 Jul '05 - 13:37 »
A little problem (that crash Xmplay):

Do you have any details of the crash, eg. a drwtsn32.log entry? You can upload it here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Also, if you've not already done so, try the latest build...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

piovrauz

« Reply #34 on: 4 Jul '05 - 14:33 »
I will upload the report tomorrow, if not deleted in the recent cleanup.
If so, I will recreate the "killer" file and reproduce the problem.

Also, the latest build seems identical to the one I have (same filesize, 254.556 byte).

PiovrauZ

piovrauz

« Reply #35 on: 5 Jul '05 - 09:41 »
Sorry Jan, I forget I didn't have error reporting enabled (I'm running a "Lite Ed." of wXP, made with nLite).

So I'll try to reproduce the crash and send a screen capture of the error messages (they say: Xmplay has caused ... at the address ... memory shouldn't be "read", and so on).

But yesterday I had no time, so I'll try this evening.

PiovrauZ

piovrauz

« Reply #36 on: 6 Jul '05 - 08:02 »
I can't upload, so I emailed to admin[at]un4seen[dot]com the file.

PiovrauZ
« Last Edit: 6 Jul '05 - 08:04 by piovrauz »

Dotpitch

« Reply #37 on: 6 Jul '05 - 20:38 »
when using cuesheets, xmplay always displays artist - title, instead of what's defined in options and stuff, though performer and title are separated in the cuefile. or did i do something wrong?

Xiri

« Reply #38 on: 7 Jul '05 - 14:04 »
Hi, it seems i have a tiny problem with 3.2... Whenever i open any file, it does not seem to display neither Output nor Playlist panels. Might this be caused by first having downloaded 3.1 version which i remvoed and instantly installed 3.2? And if so, what is the way i can get them back?..

*Not sure whether that's bug or not*  :'(

Jace

« Reply #39 on: 7 Jul '05 - 14:28 »
Dotpitch: Do you have the 'Update title from CUE sheets' checkbox checked on 'Titles' tab in O&S?
The cue sheet prolly doesn't have any other info, so that's all it will show, no?

Dotpitch

« Reply #40 on: 7 Jul '05 - 14:52 »
Hi, it seems i have a tiny problem with 3.2... Whenever i open any file, it does not seem to display neither Output nor Playlist panels. Might this be caused by first having downloaded 3.1 version which i remvoed and instantly installed 3.2? And if so, what is the way i can get them back?..

*Not sure whether that's bug or not*  :'(
xmplay displays like you closed it the last time. if you hid the panes, it will start with hidden panes. with the default skin (or any other skin with panes), double click on the sides and they will appear. make sure you're not in mini mode and the skins you're using actually has panes ;)

btw, it's all in the manual (xmplay.txt) as well ;)

Dotpitch: Do you have the 'Update title from CUE sheets' checkbox checked on 'Titles' tab in O&S?
The cue sheet prolly doesn't have any other info, so that's all it will show, no?
yes, i have that on. the cuesheet only has performer and title for the tracks, but that's not the problem. when changing it from "artist - title" to "title - artist" it still is "artist - title". ok, it's the display mode most people use, but i wanted to use "artist <> title" (yeah, i know i'm weird :P).

Torkell

« Reply #41 on: 7 Jul '05 - 16:08 »
You can also use XMPlaySecret to force XMPlay to open the output and playlist panels whenever you change or reload a skin.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 7 Jul '05 - 16:53 »
I can't upload, so I emailed to admin[at]un4seen[dot]com the file.

Thanks, I've replied with a request for some more info :)

when using cuesheets, xmplay always displays artist - title, instead of what's defined in options and stuff, though performer and title are separated in the cuefile.

Yep, the CUE sheet title info does not use the title formatting string, basically because they only have the 2 bits of info - title and artist. I guess it might be an idea to add an option to still use the title formatting though.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 11 Jul '05 - 13:53 »
Here's an update that'll use the title formatting for the CUE sheet titles...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

I didn't bother make it an option, as most people will have "artist - title" as their formatting string anyway :)

Jace

« Reply #44 on: 11 Jul '05 - 14:00 »
Something that (possibly!) might please everybody: %8 = CUE Artist, %9 = CUE Title ;D

Tsorovan

« Reply #45 on: 11 Jul '05 - 21:25 »
Hm. I think I'd want an option since the current way is good for me. I use filename as title... but I'd like cue titles to work, at least the title. Artist isn't important since I know what artist I'm listening to. But I guess I'm the only one.

);

Jace

« Reply #46 on: 12 Jul '05 - 04:01 »
Tsor: %?9{%9|%0} perhaps? ;D

Tsorovan

« Reply #47 on: 12 Jul '05 - 08:19 »
Sure, that'd work fine if it gets implemented as such.
« Last Edit: 12 Jul '05 - 08:23 by Tsorovan »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: 12 Jul '05 - 16:06 »
Something that (possibly!) might please everybody: %8 = CUE Artist, %9 = CUE Title ;D

That could make the default formatting string a bit interesting :D

%?9{%?8{%8 - }%9|%?2{%2 - }%?1{%1|%0}}

Regarding Tsorovan's predicament, the following might work...

%?0{%0|%?2{%2 - }%1}

Jace

« Reply #49 on: 12 Jul '05 - 19:10 »
I wouldn't mind ;D
Not saying that it would even have to be default.. Perhaps if the user chooses to 'Update from CUE', or a [Default Cue] button..? Though that might be going too far.
But we've found out that you are a smart man, Ian, you'll figure something out! ;D