Author Topic: ? XMPlay is slow to load (3.1 is faster but still slow)  (Read 12604 times)

sequestrum

I wish only one thing...
And sorry for my english, but im from mexico, so.. i can't write good..
Firstable this is a wonderful and amazing player !!! But i wish in the next update or version... that i'll could modify or edit the song info more easy or at the same time with various songs because when a file have a name like...
OAsis - Wonderwall.mp3, and the info its different appear of different way like oasis - 01 - - wonderwall - oasis
So... when i want to mantein the same name as the file with so many mp3 at the same time its a really big trouble because i must do that one per one !

Sorry if you dont understand all i said, but i repeat im from mexico , so .. my english sux ! jeje and... xmplay rocks hu !

As far as I can understand, you'd be happy if you changed your formatting string in XMPlay (Options and Stuff -> Titles -> Formatting string). Just change the string to:

%0

and you should be happy, no? Or leaving it blank.

Tsorovan

Careful....

There are those here who get their panties in a right bunch when you suggest things like that... ;D
Only when dolts ignore already stated reasons why that's not a good idea (in certain, detailed, cases).
« Last Edit: 7 Jun '05 - 22:58 by Tsorovan »

Torkell

Careful....

There are those here who get their panties in a right bunch when you suggest things like that... ;D
Only when dolts ignore stated reasons why that's not a good idea.
Well, you're biased against tags anyway. My view (which I've said before) is XMPlay could do with integrated tag editing for supported types (ID3/OGG/APE), as that removes the need for winamp plugins to do that and makes it a lot easier to correct tags when you've (or some idiot on freedb) has made a typo. I'm not advocating full-blown tag editing (mp3tag does the job fine), but it would be nice to not have to fire up mp3tag or use the winamp plugins just to change "EVanescence" to "Evanescence".

Tsorovan

Right you are; as is nemesis in his non-volatile question (if I understood it correctly).

Roj

Careful....

Only when dolts ignore already stated reasons why that's not a good idea (in certain, detailed, cases).
Always a pleasure T, because after all you're so very entertaining.

Even though you generally try hard not to be.  ;D

Tsorovan

Take your grudge/trolling elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 8 Jun '05 - 12:10 by Tsorovan »