Author Topic: 3D spectrum analyzer  (Read 5263 times)

Alec

3D spectrum analyzer
« on: 12 Sep '05 - 09:38 »
One of the best ever visualizations I have ever seen is XMPlay's built-in 3D spectrum (voice print) . It literally allows you to see the sound. But brief search didn't find a plugin that would so same thing for other audio players. And I really want it

PS Other best visualization is analog VU I had on Winamp....

Alec

Re: 3D spectrum analyzer
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep '05 - 09:44 »

raina

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep '05 - 13:13 »
I have never really used the spectrogram visualizer because of its lack of customizability. The palette has too little contrast which results in noisy graphs and the slow speed provides with a very general image of the sound. To make the visualization more interesting, weird, distinctive sounds should also look distinctive on the graph. I think this could be helped with making the palette and speed of the spectrogram customizable.

(Ok, this is weird.. This is the second feature suggestion from me within two days and they both have more to do with image processing than music playback.)

Jace

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep '05 - 19:54 »
At least I used to have this for winamp ages ago. Put my P75 down on it's knees like there's no tomorrow. x)
But at least I was able to see The Face! ;D

Alec

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep '05 - 20:39 »
I am not too picky, but this one was really all I wanted to see. Perhaps there is space for improvement, but so far I'd love to have it on QMP.