Author Topic: BASS.NET API 2.4.12.7  (Read 783186 times)

radio42

Re: BASS.NET API 2.4.8.3
« Reply #1025 on: 8 Dec '11 - 14:32 »
If you experiance any issues with installing the new Bass.Net version, please consider the following:

As the new Bass.Net version now supports the .Net v2.0 as well as the .Net v4.0 Framework, the installer requires the .Net v4.0 runtime to be installed on your machine.

Note, that since .Net v4.0 there are two flavors of the .Net 4.0 Framework available:
- the .Net 4.0 Client Framework  and
- the .Net 4.0 Full Framework

Bass.Net needs the .Net 4.0 Full Framework to be installed - as it uses various options, which are only available in the FULL Framework.
This is due to a new security policy within .Net.
The 4.0 Client Profile is a stripped down version of the framework with quite a limited subset.
E.g. it doesn't contain extensive options to make calls into native (unmanaged) code.
That is why the Full Framework is required!

Unfortunately with Win7 only the .Net 4.0 Client Framework comes pre-installed.

SO MAKE SURE TO HAVE THE .Net 4.0 FULL Framework INSTALLED!
Get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851

So if the .Net 4.0 FULL Framework is not present - you can either install the FULL .Net v4.0 Framework or just download the plain zip-version (update link) instead.
Unfortunately there is no way to tell the installer to install a v4.0 assembly, if the .Net v4.0 Framework is not present.

ken

« Reply #1026 on: 8 Dec '11 - 16:17 »
Hi Bernd,

I "playing" with encode to Shoutcast v2. I got it streaming after downloaded bassenc from "stuff" folder.

But I have a few questions.

1. How can I change the metadata tags? If I look in Shoutcast server log the TXXX tag says: "ProppFrexx ONAIR"...  TENC and TXXX is what I want to change.

2. I can't get v2streamartwork to work.  If I use UpdateStationArtwork() then the Shoutcast server reports that there is a "Stream artwork" but can't show it. Any suggestion, code snippet?

/Ken

radio42

« Reply #1027 on: 8 Dec '11 - 19:11 »
Oh yes, the TENC and TXXX stuff is still used/set internally - I'll remove that from the next version!

However, if you want to update your 'own' metadata to the Shoutcast v2 server you would need to use your own call to:
"BassEnc.BASS_Encode_CastSendMeta"
instead of using the "SHOUTcast.UpdateTitle" method!

E.g.:
Code: [Select]
string metadata = "...well formed shoutcast xml data...";
BassEnc.BASS_Encode_CastSendMeta(Encoder.EncoderHandle, BASSEncodeMetaDataType.BASS_METADATA_XML_SHOUTCAST, metadata);
This way you have full control over any metadata you are sending/updating.
The internal "SHOUTcast.UpdateTitle" method is doing nothing else.
Just take a look to the SHOUTcast documentation and create a well formed SHOUTcast meta data string using UTF-8 encoding.

Same goes with the the Artwork.
Use one of the "BASSEncodeMetaDataType.BASS_METADATA_BIN_ALBUMART_xxx" flags instead.

Note, that the SHOUtcast server can not display the artwork itself.
It always anyhow just tell you, that it is there - and when it tells you this, all is fine.
It is just, that future players resp. the new SHOUtcast directory service might one one day use the artwork pictures transmitted.

ken

« Reply #1028 on: 8 Dec '11 - 19:33 »
Thanks Bernd I will try that.

Do you know any program that can play a shoutcast v2 stream and show station/stream images (so I can try that it works)?

/Ken

radio42

« Reply #1029 on: 8 Dec '11 - 19:50 »
No, I tried that myself - but even Winamp doesn't seem to show that right now.
However, if the SHOUTcast server is telling you, that it accepted the artwork image - all should be fine.

mmt

« Reply #1030 on: 9 Dec '11 - 14:39 »
Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the nice update. I am stuck at some point with audio cards. Is this topic the right place to ask questions about Bass.Net or should i create new topic in Developments > Bass ?

Thanks.

radio42

« Reply #1031 on: 9 Dec '11 - 14:57 »
If it is pure Bass.Net related - then this place would be just fine.
But if it is a more general question about general BASS features or 'how do I do' stuff...then a dedicated post might be good, to give other users a better chance to participate.

Latch

« Reply #1032 on: 19 Dec '11 - 18:28 »
I still wish you'd bring back support for BassVideo.  Our app is still stuck using Bass.Net 2.4.2 and older bass engine and plugins because you pulled support after this version.  After over two years of development, Bass_Dshow still isn't as stable as BassVideo.  I know the BassVideo developer has faded away and I know you told me he asked you to drop support for it, but I don't see any legal reason why you still can't support it.

Anyhow, if you decide to add it back in, the last stable version of BassVideo is included in our Karma app at http://latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_Karma.aspx if you need a copy of the BassVideo.dll.  Also, you could use the app to test a new copy of Bass.Net with BassVideo support added back in.

You did once send me .Net code you had for it, but it was incomplete and didn't have every method call included so we'v been stuck using the Bass.Net 2.4.2.  Hopefully, you still have the source code from 2.4.2 and can transfer it over to the latest version.  I would even consider paying you a reasonable fee to do this.  ...and even get on my knees and beg if it would help :)

Ionut Cristea

« Reply #1033 on: 19 Dec '11 - 20:44 »
 Why did you say that the BASS_DSHOW isn't stable enough? What troubles have with it?>

radio42

« Reply #1034 on: 20 Dec '11 - 08:57 »
Bringing back BassVideo support is not possible - since the BassVideo developer explicitly asked me to remove its support in Bass.Net - I am really sorry!

lpbinh

« Reply #1035 on: 24 Dec '11 - 00:26 »
HI, i had download BASS.NET API 2.4.8.3
I install and open C# example, i try to run but, i got error can not load bass.dll, basswma.dll

I reconize that BASS.NET just a wraper for bass.dll, ... to run example i must download bass.dll, basswma.dll, ...

But i don't know where to download the whole library. Have any dll file only  bass.dll and basswma.dll or have more

Please help me.

big_gun

« Reply #1036 on: 24 Dec '11 - 04:15 »
HI, i had download BASS.NET API 2.4.8.3
I install and open C# example, i try to run but, i got error can not load bass.dll, basswma.dll

I reconize that BASS.NET just a wraper for bass.dll, ... to run example i must download bass.dll, basswma.dll, ...

But i don't know where to download the whole library. Have any dll file only  bass.dll and basswma.dll or have more

Please help me.

You have to download bass.dll and the others, then put them in the bin\debug folder of your example program.

Also, if you have a x64 machine, you have to change the project config to x86 so it runs.

Rick

lpbinh

« Reply #1037 on: 24 Dec '11 - 05:49 »
But i don't know exactly what file i will download. bass.dll and what else?
Could you tell me what link i can download those file.

radio42

« Reply #1038 on: 24 Dec '11 - 10:57 »
That depends on what you are trying to do.
But in most cases you just need the bass.dll
It can directly be downloaded from the bass page:
http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html

radio42

Re: BASS.NET API 2.4.8.4
« Reply #1039 on: 4 Jan '12 - 22:49 »
04.01.2012: Version 2.4.8.4 is out!

BASSASIO: support for 1.1.0.2 added
BASS_DSHOW: support for 2.4.0.1 added

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
As the folder structure for the Bass.Net assemblies has been changed with this release,
make sure to correct this within your project settings to ensure that you are
referencing the correct target platform!
There are four Bass.Net versions deployed (each in a seperate sub-folder):
.\v2.0    : Bass.Net for .Net 2.0
.\v4.0    : Bass.Net for .Net 4.0
.\compact : Bass.Net CE for .Net CompactFramework 3.5
.\iphone  : Bass.Net iPhone for .Net CompactFramework 3.5

Full Install:
 www.un4seen.com/filez/4/Bass24.Net.zip

Lib only:
 www.un4seen.com/filez/4/Bass24.Net_update.zip

bensam56

« Reply #1040 on: 5 Jan '12 - 22:42 »
Hi, Thank you for the update. Again the installer fails to install while integrating the help.

radio42

« Reply #1041 on: 6 Jan '12 - 00:09 »
The installer will only fail, if you have specified a VS version which isn't installed on your system.

bensam56

« Reply #1042 on: 6 Jan '12 - 01:30 »
I have visual studio 2010 installed in my system. Your previous version installer works but not this one.

radio42

« Reply #1043 on: 6 Jan '12 - 08:54 »
And what options did you select with the installer?
Did you enabld both:
- Integrate VS2005/2008 help?
- Integrate VS2010 help?

HarryHar

« Reply #1044 on: 17 Jan '12 - 14:28 »
I tried to use the waveform class using this code :

WaveForm _wf;

private void Initialize()
{
    _wf = new WaveForm;
}

private void LoadFile(string fileName)
{
    WaveForm.FileName = fileName;
    WaveForm.RenderStart(true, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT);
    if (WaveForm.NotifyHandler == null)
        WaveForm.NotifyHandler = new WAVEFORMPROC(WaveFormUpdate);
}

The first time everything works fine, but I can't get it to work the second time. either with the same or a different filename. If I create a new WaveForm everytime it works.

Is this meant to work like this? Or am I missing something?

radio42

« Reply #1045 on: 17 Jan '12 - 15:11 »
Actually it should work, when you assign a new/different "WaveForm.FileName" property value - as this will reset the the internal wave buffer.
However, if the 'rendering' is still in progress, this will fail.
You might check the following:
a) make sure, that assignment "WaveForm.FileName = fileName;" was successfull by checking the "WaveForm.FileName" property again after your assignment!
b) check the return value of "WaveForm.RenderStart" to see, if that returned FALSE.

ken

« Reply #1046 on: 18 Jan '12 - 09:43 »
Hi,

Can I use the "GetListeners" and "GetStats" in "Un4seen.Bass.Misc.BroadCast" without sending a stream to the IceCast server?

I want to build a simple statistics program for monitoring some streams on IceCast.

/Ken

Forget my question, I found an easier way. Just get the XML log direct from IceCast server ;-)
« Last Edit: 18 Jan '12 - 09:56 by ken »

gyrosp

« Reply #1047 on: 6 Feb '12 - 10:30 »
I've downloaded Bass.Net 2.4.8.4 and BASS_DSHOW 2.4.1.

When I try to Init BASS_DShow I get following error:
EntryPointNotFoundException was unhandled
Der Einstiegspunkt "xVideo_Init" wurde nicht in der DLL "BASS_DSHOW.dll" gefunden.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Ionut Cristea

« Reply #1048 on: 6 Feb '12 - 10:31 »

gyrosp

« Reply #1049 on: 6 Feb '12 - 10:34 »
Try with this

http://surodev.com/downloads/BASS_DSHOW.zip

Thanks for the fast answer.

Now I get following error:
An incorrect version of BASS_DSHOW was loaded!
Version loaded: 0.1
Version expected: 2.4

File: XXX
FileVersion: 1, 2, 2, 0
Description: xVideo - Multimedia Library
Company: Copyright (C) 2011 Cristea Aurel Ionut
Language: Englisch (USA)