Author Topic: BASS.NET API 2.4.12.7  (Read 783559 times)

smoodilo

Re: BASS.NET API 2.4.8.6
« Reply #1075 on: 3 Apr '12 - 17:41 »
No, that's all plain 1:1 calls to DSHOW  - no extra code in my wrapper - so it must somehow be related inside BASS_DHSOW I guess.

Ok, thanks.

gnag

« Reply #1076 on: 3 Apr '12 - 18:48 »
Hi all,
i am using BASS.NET Dll with my WPF application and trying to create a small mp3 player application. How can i use this DLL, can anyone help me out on this issue or is there any sample for this ?
I downloaded samples from    "http://www.un4seen.com/" but is not working.

Thanks in advance.

You should not use this Thread, please create a new one next time, also "is not working" is not an Error Description which lets us help you out much.

You have to check if the Bass.Net.dll is referenced in your Project (Visual Studio Project Explorer -> References) and also verify that Bass.dll is either in the Executable File Folder or in C:\Windows\system32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (If you use a 64 Bit Windows).

radio42

« Reply #1077 on: 3 Apr '12 - 19:18 »
You might also take a look to the documentation, the provided C# samples etc.
Or here: http://www.bass.radio42.com/help/Index.html

jjohnston

« Reply #1078 on: 4 May '12 - 23:05 »
ETA on 2.4.9 support? Looking forward to using that sweet new resampling code  ;)

radio42

« Reply #1079 on: 7 May '12 - 10:26 »
Yes, a new Bass.Net version will be ready today or tomorrow.

radio42

Re: BASS.NET API 2.4.9.0
« Reply #1080 on: 10 May '12 - 15:23 »
10.05.2012: Version 2.4.9.0 is out!

BASS: added support for v2.4.9.0
BASSmix: added support for v2.4.7.0
BASSWV: added support for v2.4.3.1

Full Install:
 www.un4seen.com/filez/4/Bass24.Net.zip

Lib only:
 www.un4seen.com/filez/4/Bass24.Net_update.zip

VegasGuy55

« Reply #1081 on: 21 May '12 - 18:30 »
The file and product version being reported by the dll  inb all the latest downloads is 2.4.0.0, NOT 2.4.9.0.

Is this a typo?

VegasGuy55

jjohnston

« Reply #1082 on: 21 May '12 - 18:34 »
Everything seems to be working great, thanks!

HarryHar

« Reply #1083 on: 22 May '12 - 10:36 »
Hi,

Is it true that you have to create a new waveform everytime? I am trying to re-use a created waveform, but it refuses to calculate the waveform.

I create a WaveForm in the formload en using it in a button press.

if I run this code 1 time, the peakfile is created an has data inside the file.

waveForm.RenderStart(decodeStream, false, false);
waveForm.WaveFormSaveToFile("c:\\temp\\peak.wf", true);
waveForm.Reset();

If I run this code a second time RenderStart returns immediately, the peakfile is updated, but apart from the header it contains only 0's.

What am I doing wrong?

jdg2011

« Reply #1084 on: 24 May '12 - 05:27 »
Hello Guys, Radio42 I have attatched two screen shots of the file version & assembly version of the latest Bass.NET 2.4.9.0
I was wondering if there was going to be a recompiled version of the bass.net.dll with the file version = 2.4.9.0
I seem to be having installer issues with Advanced Installer and I think it might be related to the installer comparing the file version to the assembly version being miss matched? I know that in the AI I can over ride this in the assemblies .NET options properties, but I would greatly not like to do this as I may forget to change this back once the file shows the correct file version. Thank you :)

Both of the screenshots below were taken from the latest version of Advanced Installer Ultimate Edition. BASS ROCKS !!!!
« Last Edit: 24 May '12 - 05:35 by jdg2011 »

valfis86

BASSAttribute.BASS_ATTRIB_VOL changes system volume
« Reply #1085 on: 26 May '12 - 20:53 »
Hello.

I am trying to find a way to adjust only the current streams volume. I am using the Bass.BASS_ChannelSetAttribute method using the BASSAttribute.BASS_ATTRIB_VOL parameter, as suggested in the help files. But the current volume of the system also changes. I have also tried the other volume flags but the systems volume always changes too.

Any suggestions?

thanks for help, Valentin
« Last Edit: 27 May '12 - 10:10 by valfis86 »

gnag

« Reply #1086 on: 27 May '12 - 00:28 »
@valfis86: Please do not hijack this Thread, create a new one !

valfis86

« Reply #1087 on: 27 May '12 - 10:04 »
Sorry, I thougt this thread is also for questions regarding the Bass.NET API.

radio42

« Reply #1088 on: 29 May '12 - 11:48 »
Yes, there was a typo in the file version number (which reports v2.4.0.0 instead of v2.4.9.0)!

An updated version is now available.
You might simply download the lib only version and replace the contained files in your installation folder.

Lib only:
 www.un4seen.com/filez/4/Bass24.Net_update.zip

ken

« Reply #1089 on: 24 Jun '12 - 13:34 »
StreamingServer Class

Hi, I try to run the "local streamserver" and looked at your code "MyOwnServer",

I use EncoderLAME, but I can't get it running. I belive Recoding works since DSP_PeakLevelMeter works.

Code: [Select]

Bass.BASS_Init(-1, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero);

Bass.BASS_RecordInit(audioDevice);

_recProc = new RECORDPROC(RecordingHandler);
_recHandle = Bass.BASS_RecordStart(44100, 2, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT, _recProc, IntPtr.Zero);

_plm = new DSP_PeakLevelMeter(_recHandle, 1);
_plm.CalcRMS = false;
_plm.UpdateTime = 0.01F;
 _plm.Notification += new EventHandler(_plm_Notification);

EncoderLAME _EncoderLAME = new EncoderLAME(_recHandle);
_EncoderLAME.InputFile = null; //STDIN
_EncoderLAME.OutputFile = null; //STDOUT
_EncoderLAME.LAME_Bitrate = 320;
_EncoderLAME.LAME_UseVBR = false;

_EncoderLAME.Start(null, IntPtr.Zero, false);

MyOwnServer _MyOwnServer = new MyOwnServer(_EncoderLAME, true);
bool _ret = _MyOwnServer.Connect();

Console.WriteLine("Connected: " + _ret);  /returns false

Any suggestions, or some C# sample code?

Thanks!

radio42

« Reply #1090 on: 25 Jun '12 - 12:29 »
I guess you are referring to the "MyOwnServer" prototype example as given in the abstract "StreamingServer" class?
Note, that this is just a proto-type which misses various internal implementations.
How have you implemented these, how does you actual "MyOwnServer" implementation look like...and where are you getting what errors?
Guess when you are debugging your code, this should give you some more detials...
Without these details it is hard to tell you what's wrong or not.

ken

« Reply #1091 on: 25 Jun '12 - 14:09 »
I guess you are referring to the "MyOwnServer" prototype example as given in the abstract "StreamingServer" class?
Note, that this is just a proto-type which misses various internal implementations.
How have you implemented these, how does you actual "MyOwnServer" implementation look like...and where are you getting what errors?
Guess when you are debugging your code, this should give you some more detials...
Without these details it is hard to tell you what's wrong or not.

Yes that is correct. Not sure what to do with "MyLogin" and "MyInit" so I just return true, and "SendData" I assume the Encoder uses that?

Is the StreamingServer Class ment to be a streamingserver like Shoutcast/Icecast so I can stream from my application, and connect with say WinAmp over http?

/Ken

radio42

« Reply #1092 on: 26 Jun '12 - 15:30 »
No, that's not the case.
As said, its only a prototype, but it needs to be implemented by yourself.
Especially the "Connect()" method must be implemented.
The "SendData" method might simply return the 'length' given - but that depends on your implementation and what the server should actually do, what protocol it uses etc.

ken

« Reply #1093 on: 26 Jun '12 - 16:19 »
No, that's not the case.
As said, its only a prototype, but it needs to be implemented by yourself.

Ah, my mistake. I found the methods I was looking for, "Bass_Encoder_ServerInit" and I got it working thanks to your code examples in documentation.

Thanks!

ken

« Reply #1094 on: 26 Jun '12 - 18:25 »
Strangely on all my computers except my dev machine, I get error on "BASS_Encode_Start" I get "BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN" when using OGG codec. LAME works fine on all computers.

Can I set the path to the codec (oggenc2.exe) some how, or what is the problem?

Code: [Select]

_encoderCh = BassEnc.BASS_Encode_Start(_recHandle, "oggenc -r -R 44100 -M " + cmbBitrate.Text + " -m " + cmbBitrate.Text + " -", BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_NOHEAD, null, IntPtr.Zero);

_ret = BassEnc.BASS_Encode_ServerInit(_encoderCh, txtPort.Text, 64000, 64000, BASSEncodeServer.BASS_ENCODE_SERVER_DEFAULT, null, IntPtr.Zero);

/Ken

-- NOTE --

Problem solved, used EncoderOGG _EncoderOGG = new EncoderOGG(_recHandle)   instead of BassEnc.BASS_Encode_Start

« Last Edit: 26 Jun '12 - 18:52 by ken »

HarryHar

« Reply #1095 on: 8 Jul '12 - 22:09 »
Problem is solved by downloading the newer 2.4.9.0 version of Bass .Net (The previous version with the wrong version number had this problem).

When you save a WaveForm to disk using the function :

waveForm.FileName = "C:\\Test_File.MP3";
waveForm.WaveFormSaveToFile("C:\\TEST.WF", true);

And load the WaveForm back using the function :

waveForm.WaveFormLoadFromFile("C:\\TEST.WF", true);

the waveForm.FileName field is empty.

When I look in the file C:\TEST.WF I can see the given filename (C:\Test_File.mp3).

Is there something broken? I can recall this used to work, since I stored the original gain information in the filename property.
« Last Edit: 8 Jul '12 - 22:33 by HarryHar »

HarryHar

« Reply #1096 on: 8 Jul '12 - 22:19 »
I also noticed that when you detect beats and write the waveform to a file, you end up with an empty waveform when you load it back into the waveform.

radio42

« Reply #1097 on: 9 Jul '12 - 13:24 »
Yes, that is indeed a bug.
I'll fix that with the next release (which is anyhow due to be released soon)!
THX for the spot.

ken

« Reply #1098 on: 27 Jul '12 - 18:03 »
Hi Bernd,

I just tested BASS.NET with Windows 8 (Metro style app). I can't add BASS.NET as a reference, get Error about "The project target 'NETCore' while the reference targets '.NET framework'

I manage to add Bass.Net.iPhone and Bass.Net.compact, but BASS_Init throw error that _DLL not fond. If I use v2.0 of BASS.NET the I get errors about Windows Foms when running app.

Visual Studio 2012 RC uses .NET 4.5, that is properly one reason but 'NETCore' that i'm not familiar with yet.

Do you think it's possible to run BASS.NET (and BASS) under Windows 8?

/Ken

radio42

« Reply #1099 on: 30 Jul '12 - 09:55 »
A Metro style app must use references to another .NETCore or Portable Library binary only...it can NOT reference a full .NET 4.0 library because the Metro profile is not that large (and would fail store certification).
Bass.Net however needs to use the full .Net Framework for its internal C++/CLI marshaling.
As such Bass.Net can currently not be used to build Metro style apps.

For more info, take a look here:
http://blog.w3i.com/2012/05/15/10-things-you-should-know-about-developing-apps-in-windows-8-part-1/
http://www.leadtools.com/blog/windows-metro/win32-winrt/
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/aecf4846-6eca-444a-beb7-d4ba9d6ad754/