Author Topic: XMPlay MIDI plugin  (Read 498372 times)

saga

Re: XMPlay MIDI plugin
« Reply #925 on: 30 Jan '17 - 17:33 »
Random thought: Maybe the window is positioned off-screen? Do you use GetWindowPlacement / SetWindowPlacement for retrieving the window position? Other APIs may not fully guard against off-screen placement.

winner

« Reply #926 on: 1 Feb '17 - 23:43 »
Random thought: Maybe the window is positioned off-screen? Do you use GetWindowPlacement / SetWindowPlacement for retrieving the window position? Other APIs may not fully guard against off-screen placement.
It is possible the midi mixer window somehow got positioned off-screen. Previously I had two monitors on my computer. Ian, I do not see a midi-mixer shortcut in XMPlay's shortcut listing.

deus-ex

« Reply #927 on: 2 Feb '17 - 13:29 »
The XMPlay.ini entry MixerPos controls where the mixer dialogue appears on screen. Either set it to MixerPos=0000000000000000 to have the mixer positioned at the top left corner, or remove this entry completely. It gets recreated/updated upon each call of the mixer.

Alternatively you can rename your current XMPlay.ini (e.g. XMPlay.ini.bak) to keep your current settings and run XMPlay, which will autocreate a fresh ini file which should fix the mixer positioning issue, too. Then you can reincorporate the settings from your backup ini file.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #928 on: 2 Feb '17 - 14:54 »
Yep, you can remove the "MixerPos" line from your XMPLAY.INI file to reset the mixer window's position.

winner

« Reply #929 on: 3 Feb '17 - 00:50 »
The XMPlay.ini entry MixerPos controls where the mixer dialogue appears on screen. Either set it to MixerPos=0000000000000000 to have the mixer positioned at the top left corner, or remove this entry completely. It gets recreated/updated upon each call of the mixer.

Alternatively you can rename your current XMPlay.ini (e.g. XMPlay.ini.bak) to keep your current settings and run XMPlay, which will autocreate a fresh ini file which should fix the mixer positioning issue, too. Then you can reincorporate the settings from your backup ini file.
Thanks!! Removing the MixerPos entry fixed the issue!