Author Topic: XMPlay MIDI plugin  (Read 508647 times)

saga

Re: XMPlay MIDI plugin
« Reply #925 on: 30 Jan '17 - 17:33 »
Random thought: Maybe the window is positioned off-screen? Do you use GetWindowPlacement / SetWindowPlacement for retrieving the window position? Other APIs may not fully guard against off-screen placement.

winner

« Reply #926 on: 1 Feb '17 - 23:43 »
Random thought: Maybe the window is positioned off-screen? Do you use GetWindowPlacement / SetWindowPlacement for retrieving the window position? Other APIs may not fully guard against off-screen placement.
It is possible the midi mixer window somehow got positioned off-screen. Previously I had two monitors on my computer. Ian, I do not see a midi-mixer shortcut in XMPlay's shortcut listing.

deus-ex

« Reply #927 on: 2 Feb '17 - 13:29 »
The XMPlay.ini entry MixerPos controls where the mixer dialogue appears on screen. Either set it to MixerPos=0000000000000000 to have the mixer positioned at the top left corner, or remove this entry completely. It gets recreated/updated upon each call of the mixer.

Alternatively you can rename your current XMPlay.ini (e.g. XMPlay.ini.bak) to keep your current settings and run XMPlay, which will autocreate a fresh ini file which should fix the mixer positioning issue, too. Then you can reincorporate the settings from your backup ini file.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #928 on: 2 Feb '17 - 14:54 »
Yep, you can remove the "MixerPos" line from your XMPLAY.INI file to reset the mixer window's position.

winner

« Reply #929 on: 3 Feb '17 - 00:50 »
The XMPlay.ini entry MixerPos controls where the mixer dialogue appears on screen. Either set it to MixerPos=0000000000000000 to have the mixer positioned at the top left corner, or remove this entry completely. It gets recreated/updated upon each call of the mixer.

Alternatively you can rename your current XMPlay.ini (e.g. XMPlay.ini.bak) to keep your current settings and run XMPlay, which will autocreate a fresh ini file which should fix the mixer positioning issue, too. Then you can reincorporate the settings from your backup ini file.
Thanks!! Removing the MixerPos entry fixed the issue!

Knurek

« Reply #930 on: 2 Jan '18 - 11:08 »
Is the 'Check for soundfont of the same name as the MIDI file' option broken? It used to work for me, but now it doesn't seem to load anything other than the default soundfonts.
I have B01.mid and B01.sf2 in the same folder, loading the midi file in foobar's Bassmidi player loads the instruments from B01.sf2, but with xmp-midi, it does only load them from the default soundbanks.
I have all three options relating to it checked in the plugin's config dialog.

Lemme know if you want me to upload some samples...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #931 on: 2 Jan '18 - 15:36 »
It seems to still be working fine here, so please do upload the files that you're having the problem with:

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Also confirm that you're using the latest MIDI plugin version.

Knurek

« Reply #932 on: 3 Jan '18 - 17:35 »
Weirdest thing happened - I rechecked all three options, restarted my computer in the mean time, and now the soundfonts get loaded.
May just have been some fluke with .ini? Either way, will let you know if it happens again, in the mean time no need to bother with it.

KillerQ13

« Reply #933 on: 15 Jun '18 - 22:30 »
Revision 15 appears to be loading the drum banks incorrectly (worked in 14).  I have a base SoundFont loaded with another one overriding the drum banks but the override loads the regular instruments instead of drums.  Right now I'm hearing gun shots instead of MT-32 drums. :P The first two drum sets (preset 0 and 1) seem to load as intended but the rest is regular instruments.