Author Topic: XMPlay RealAudio plugin  (Read 320644 times)

SmartOne

Re: XMPlay RealAudio plugin
« Reply #300 on: 4 Feb '09 - 16:09 »
Thanks, Fraggie.  I was wondering because without ddnt.dll in the folder, dnet.dll is still reported in the About window, and that seems odd.  I'm guessing the codec wouldn't function at all without ddnt.dll, so that looks like an error waiting to happen.

r

« Reply #301 on: 5 Feb '09 - 18:20 »
Excellent.  ;D

So the plugin's almost on track - apart from djray's BBC interruptions...
I should note that this is only from a wireless connection.

If we could get someone with a wireless connection to test this as well, that would be great!

Dotpitch

« Reply #302 on: 5 Feb '09 - 23:04 »
If we could get someone with a wireless connection to test this as well, that would be great!
Sure, give me a link and I'll test it tomorrow :).

Fraggie

« Reply #303 on: 21 Feb '09 - 19:02 »
Sorry to be a nuisance, but I can no longer play BBC News streams. For example, this stream will play in Media Player Classic but not in XMPlay:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/newshour_au_nb.ram

XMPlay just gives up trying to connect after about five seconds. Many thanks.

Is it any better with this?...
http://dhost.info/pieknyman/bin/test/xmp-ra.dll
http://dhost.info/pieknyman/download_plugins/xmp-ra.dll
« Last Edit: 5 Mar '09 - 20:36 by Fraggie »

Brian

« Reply #304 on: 21 Feb '09 - 19:33 »
The stream certainly starts playing now. I'll report back if there are any problems with it continuing to play over a period of time. Many thanks.

Edit: The 53-minute stream cut out after 40 minutes; I have no idea whether there was a glitch with the stream itself or with the plugin. I thought I'd try seeking in the stream at the 40-minute mark to see if it cut out again, but seeking doesn't seem to be enabled.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb '09 - 14:01 by Brian »

r

« Reply #305 on: 23 Feb '09 - 17:59 »
Sure, give me a link and I'll test it tomorrow :).
Hi Dotpitch,

Sorry for the delay.

Try this link:
rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1coyopa/radio_1_-_thursday_0200.ra

Dotpitch

« Reply #306 on: 23 Feb '09 - 19:46 »
Try this link: rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1coyopa/radio_1_-_thursday_0200.ra
Running past 16 minutes without problems here (β8.3 and β8.4).
« Last Edit: 23 Feb '09 - 19:59 by Dotpitch »

r

« Reply #307 on: 24 Feb '09 - 18:36 »
Try this link: rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1coyopa/radio_1_-_thursday_0200.ra
Running past 16 minutes without problems here (β8.3 and β8.4).
I guess it's just me then... :(

Brian

« Reply #308 on: 3 Mar '09 - 13:58 »
Update: The BBC Newshour stream consistently cuts out after about 40 minutes.

Dotpitch

« Reply #309 on: 3 Mar '09 - 17:11 »
Update: The BBC Newshour stream consistently cuts out after about 40 minutes.
Yep. The stream seems to run smoothly, but xmp-ra suddenly resets the connection at 41:09 here. I'll run a test with RealPlayer. RealPlayer plays it properly all the way through.
« Last Edit: 3 Mar '09 - 18:21 by Dotpitch »

Fraggie

« Reply #310 on: 5 Mar '09 - 09:54 »
I'll love to debug this.  ;D

SmartOne

« Reply #311 on: 4 Jul '09 - 01:58 »
Installing XMPlay on someone's computer and using the portable Real DLLs, this plugin (beta8.3, beta9 didn't solve the problem and has an older date) only loaded four codecs instead of the optimal eight.  It wasn't until I installed Real Alternative and immediately uninstalled that this plugin loaded all eight codecs.  Does the RealAudio plugin check for a registry value that RealAlternative leaves behind before it searches for all the codecs?  I had all ten DLLs in the PATH of the Config window.  The plugin didn't work until I brought the RealAlternative installer into the picture.
« Last Edit: 4 Jul '09 - 02:04 by SmartOne »

Fraggie

« Reply #312 on: 7 Jul '09 - 16:43 »
It only looks in the registry for initial codec path. Nothing more.

My best guess is that you forgot about pncrt.dll which the Installer put somewhere in Windows directory making it work.

Dotpitch

« Reply #313 on: 7 Jul '09 - 19:00 »
Or in the same directory as xmplay.exe, if you want to keep it clean.
... PNCRT.DLL will go to the Windows/System32 folder during RealAlternative installation - it needs to be somewhere in PATH or in the same directory where XMPLAY.EXE is.

SmartOne

« Reply #314 on: 7 Jul '09 - 23:15 »
I suspect it has something to do with how pncrt.dll is handled.  On my computers, all of the Real related files are in the \xmplay\plugins\real folder, which is the Config window PATH.  This includes pncrt.dll.  The XMPlay root folder does not contain pncrt.dll.  The C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder does not contain pncrt.dll.

I inspected the system32 folder before and after the RealAlernative install.  The installer creates pncrt.dll in that folder.  On uninstall, pncrt.dll is removed.  After that, this plugin sensed all eight codecs, presumably from my \xmplay\plugins\real folder.  Something changed.

By the way, which version of this plugin is up-to-date?  Beta 9's date is older than Beta 8.3.

Fraggie

« Reply #315 on: 23 Jul '09 - 21:51 »
By the way, which version of this plugin is up-to-date?  Beta 9's date is older than Beta 8.3.
You're right. I'm lost myself.

Therefore beta 10 of the plugin is now online. It's the latest greatest code. It includes all amendments made for the engineering builds since last release. It's the best I can give for the moment.

Auren

« Reply #316 on: 28 Jul '09 - 07:22 »
I have troubles with this song: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1zbkzz1mbuo. There are some weird sounds being played for a few seconds instead of music.

AFAIR, it played correctly on older plugin builds.

Also, seeking became a bit slower in this new beta. It was more responsive before. Weird. This one resolved itself.

I'm using Real Alternative Lite 1.9.0 & XMPlay 3.4.2.119
« Last Edit: 28 Jul '09 - 07:30 by Auren »

Fraggie

« Reply #317 on: 28 Jul '09 - 08:19 »
It's WWW. The plugin should reject this link though. Is it really the RA plugin playing that weird sound (you can paste info window contents here if you're not sure)?

Anyway, try this instead:
http://download525.mediafire.com/ysbcoasgkcog/1zbkzz1mbuo/spinach_girl_villeneuve_remix.rm
« Last Edit: 28 Jul '09 - 08:22 by Fraggie »

Auren

« Reply #318 on: 28 Jul '09 - 09:20 »
It's WWW.

No-no-no. This file resides on my PC and I'm playing it from the hard drive. I just posted a link to the troublish song so that you can download and test it.

Sorry for confusing you.

Fraggie

« Reply #319 on: 28 Jul '09 - 15:57 »
 ;D ;D ;D
I'll check the file then.

Auren

« Reply #320 on: 3 Aug '09 - 11:51 »
The other bug is that I can't use DirectSound when your plugin is loaded with XMPlay. The player just crashes when I choose DS as an output and start playing a song.

Deleting xmp-ra.dll from XMPlay folder solves the issue. So, that is definitely a plugin's fault.

Fraggie

« Reply #321 on: 3 Aug '09 - 15:07 »
Thanks for your input Auren. I'll look into it once I have some free time.

Dotpitch

« Reply #322 on: 4 Aug '09 - 19:00 »
The other bug is that I can't use DirectSound when your plugin is loaded with XMPlay. The player just crashes when I choose DS as an output and start playing a song.
It crashes when you change the output device to or from DirectSound, but only if a RealAudio track is loaded in the playlist.

Auren

« Reply #323 on: 5 Aug '09 - 04:43 »
It crashes when you change the output device to or from DirectSound, but only if a RealAudio track is loaded in the playlist.
I had crashes even without RealAudio track. Just with MP3.

SmartOne

« Reply #324 on: 20 Sep '09 - 00:26 »
I swear I used to get all (8 ) codecs to load with pncrt.dll in the folder with the rest of the DLLs.  Now pncrt.dll has to be in the XMPlay root or System32 to get them all.  You sure nothing changed...?  ???

Is there a way to play and save a stream using RTSP protocol but not a RealAudio format?  I have MP4 streams like this.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep '09 - 19:36 by SmartOne »