Author Topic: .4 starting to crash regularly  (Read 6403 times)

lingenfr

.4 starting to crash regularly
« on: 9 May '06 - 01:52 »
I am getting a crash in the middle of playback of ogg files. Typically I am also running the audioscrobbler plugin and the Silly Billy visual. Is there a log or a dump that I should post to help identify the problem? I get the windows report, but didn't know if that would do any good. Thanks.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: .4 starting to crash regularly
« Reply #1 on: 9 May '06 - 15:18 »
Is there a log or a dump that I should post to help identify the problem?

Yep, you should find a drwtsn32.log file here...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson

Please ZIP and upload that to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

lingenfr

« Reply #2 on: 12 May '06 - 20:37 »
Done. Also, if it is any help, I am also seeing CTF Helper crash. I don't have M$ Office loaded, so I remained ctfmon.exe so it shouldn't load when I reboot. I will see if that helps. Thanks.

lingenfr

« Reply #3 on: 14 May '06 - 15:02 »
Ian,

From the text, it looks like it may be an issue with xmp-scrobbler. Should I post the drwatson info in that thread or did you pass it to yagood. I uploaded another one today. Thanks.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 14 May '06 - 19:21 »
The second crash log looks the same as what "yagood" himself has gotten with xmp-scrobbler, so you probably don't need to bother sending it to him. Although, I guess it could be useful if you have the plugin's own log to go with it?

I think there was a problem uploading the first log (seems to be cut short), so if you've still got that, please try again.

lingenfr

« Reply #5 on: 14 May '06 - 19:44 »
I probably edited a bit too much out. Sorry. It is about time for it to happen again, so I will stand by. I routinely clear my xmp-scrobbler.txt so I don't have to scroll so far. Next time, I will send that as well. I have not had a ctfmon problem in a day. I feel a bit left out. Thanks for your help.