Author Topic: Queue feature, Sub-songs  (Read 2644 times)

HunterZ

Queue feature, Sub-songs
« on: 5 Jun '06 - 23:29 »
After searching the forum, I understand the purpose of the queue feature, but I have a couple of questions/comments about it:

1. It doesn't seem like the queue feature is necessary because of the existence of the library feature. I would be grateful if someone could provide an example of using the library, playlist, and queue in tandem that shows why it's useful to have all three.

2. I found it confusing that I couldn't add the currently loaded track to the queue, until I realized that tracks seem to get removed from the queue as they're loaded, which means that the currently loaded track is effectively already queued.

I also have an idea for a feature regarding sub-songs:

It would be really useful if there were a way to specify an alternate order to play sub-songs within a file. Specifically, being able to repeat certain sequences of sub-songs would be really nice. I'm listening to a track right now with 6 sub-songs, and parts 3 and 4 are loopable but connect to each other, so I'd like to be able to have XMPlay loop a sequence along the lines of 1-2-3-3-4-3-3-4-3-3-4-5-6 or even 1-2- and then repeat 3-3-4- forever.

Thanks,
- HunterZ

Dotpitch

Re: Queue feature, Sub-songs
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun '06 - 07:44 »
1. The library is for tracks that aren't played, the playlist for tracks that will be played, the queue for tracks that will be played in the very near future. Queue is useful, if you have a lot of music (library), want to play music of one artist (playlist), in random order (shuffle), yet at some point you fell you want to listen to song X, so you queue it and it will be the next song played.

2. Queue is a sort of "next up"-playlist, so queuing the currently playing file would be looping it. If there are other tracks already queued, it should be possible, yet it isn't implemented in XMPlay. Just wait a while for the track to finish, or add it to you playlist a second time ;).

lingenfr

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun '06 - 04:37 »
I am picturing the flow chart for that paragraph and it is making my head hurt. Time to go to bed.  ::)

Guest_0

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun '06 - 05:24 »
Why have a library for songs that aren't played? Why not be able to play them?

Alexsource

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun '06 - 14:36 »
 ??? what do you mean?? you CAN play tracks wich are on the library (as long as the tracks are STILL in the path where they are suppossed to be, that is). You can also quee form library if i remember right...