Author Topic: Suggestions for 3.4  (Read 97394 times)

Pike84

Suggestions for 3.4
« on: 3 Oct '06 - 15:35 »
There doesn't seem to be a suggestions thread around yet, so I thought I'd make one. I don't have many suggestions yet, but perhaps others will be creative :).

Well anyway, I suggest adding an option to the right-click menu of the playlist/library view, to open the containing folder of a track.

That's it for now. XMPlay is already a near perfect player for me, so theres not that much to suggest :).

Grindill

Re: Suggestions for 3.4
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct '06 - 17:50 »
Support for WinAmp output plugins, per this discussion. :)

Brian

« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct '06 - 17:56 »
* Library made dynamic, keyed to user-designated folders

* Option to select ASIO output, with resampling (preferably via a native plugin)

DoomRater

« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct '06 - 18:12 »
An info topright mask that includes some or all of the buttons on the left.

Y@nekŪ

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct '06 - 21:58 »
1. Resampling or:

Support for WinAmp output plugins, per this discussion. :)

I do not have any idea what else. This is best player which exist for PC. I do not want any more changes in functionality.

Dotpitch

« Reply #5 on: 4 Oct '06 - 06:42 »
Library with some kind of folder tree, so you don't have to scroll around that long to get to the bottom ;). It should be sorting on album or on file folder, I think.

Torkell

« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct '06 - 10:36 »
Mass-editing in the library (e.g. set the same field on multiple files in one go).

Y@nekŪ

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct '06 - 11:20 »
New version of playlist? Only as an option or plugin.

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct '06 - 11:56 »
Transparency on info window border bitmaps would be nice. Oh, and could we (finally) have that missing extended-playlist-top-right bitmap?

Knurek

« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct '06 - 16:21 »
Native support for some new tracker format (MadTracker, Digibooster Pro, Octamed). It's been a while, ya know?

And maybe, maybe, ModplugTracker replay mode. I know that it doesn't follow standarts and all, but unfortunately people use it.

Pike84

« Reply #10 on: 5 Oct '06 - 14:21 »
My friend has a 5.1 surround setup, and although this was requested something like a year ago, there's still no support for outputting the sound through all the speakers. I think this is one of the more important features to request, even though I don't need it myself.

Xanatos

« Reply #11 on: 5 Oct '06 - 21:41 »
a new music library like itunes library will be nice :)

btw anyone knows the release date of xmplay 3.4??
cant wait  ;D

Grindill

« Reply #12 on: 6 Oct '06 - 06:17 »
How about adding an "Open CD Device" button for convenience? I got the idea from this discussion.

Also, the playlist loads quite slowly whenever I open archived albums. (usually 10 - 12 tracks per album, but some go as far as 100) The player itself stops responding for a few seconds, and then slowly loads each song one by one. If this process could be tweaked a bit faster (i.e., giving it higher priority during loading times) then that would be great.
« Last Edit: 6 Oct '06 - 06:22 by Grindill »

Dotpitch

« Reply #13 on: 6 Oct '06 - 16:17 »
Just had to reinstall Windows XP (ironically enough after crashing it using System Restore :P), and XMPlay just left off playing where it stopped. What more could I want? ;D

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 8 Oct '06 - 18:05 »
* Library made dynamic, keyed to user-designated folders

* Option to select ASIO output, with resampling (preferably via a native plugin)

These 2 are top of my list of stuff to add (output plugins rather than specifically "ASIO").

I've started on the 3.4 stuff, but haven't really worked on it for a little while as other things came up, but the current "stuff" versions do include some internal changes in preparation for output plugin support. Regarding Winamp output plugin support... I'll probably create a Winamp output wrapper, like the DSP wrapper, but no promises right now.

At this stage, I can't really say when 3.4 will be released, but I'd hope to have it ready by Chrimbo. In the meantime, keep the suggestions/requests coming.

As I think I mentioned before, I reckon it could also be a good time for another default skin change, if anyone has anything particularly nifty in the works :)

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #15 on: 8 Oct '06 - 20:55 »
How hard would it be to add something like this?

Lesmo16

« Reply #16 on: 8 Oct '06 - 21:07 »
That would be fantastic!
Should support FOLDER.JPG as well as embedded covers.

Support ++

Knurek

« Reply #17 on: 8 Oct '06 - 21:53 »
In the meantime, keep the suggestions/requests coming.

* Better recognition of files in the library (by hash+size method, I've mentioned this a few times before. Would make an library entry directory independant).

* Current handling of patternviewer is a bit wonky. Could you add an option to display the patternview for fileformats that benefit for it and switch to another user-specified vis for other files?

* Is it me, or does the latest stuff version had some changes with the way message/instrument window stick? Formerly they sticked to the left side of the screen, now it's the right side (provided your playlist width is large enough). Or am I missing some switch somewhere?

* Recurrent archive loading. I'd really like to play those Amiga MOD formats with xmp-modpacker without having to unpack them. :)

raina

« Reply #18 on: 9 Oct '06 - 05:26 »
* Is it me, or does the latest stuff version had some changes with the way message/instrument window stick? Formerly they sticked to the left side of the screen, now it's the right side (provided your playlist width is large enough). Or am I missing some switch somewhere?
You missed this.

ekin_116

« Reply #19 on: 9 Oct '06 - 10:31 »
how about music status for yahoo messenger?

Torkell

« Reply #20 on: 9 Oct '06 - 16:18 »
* Pause music (the same way as right-clicking on close does) when entering suspend or hibernation, and resume music a few seconds after leaving suspend/hibernation (delay recommended to allow network etc. to reappear, and to give the system a chance to settle down).

Mbob

« Reply #21 on: 9 Oct '06 - 17:08 »
General request: Enhanced Library/Playlist

Detailed suggestions (a bit on the grandiose side, I know...):

Add small tabs at the top/bottom of the playlist/library window (below the buttons). Each tab is either a playlist with file entries or a filtered library view.

Allow custom dynamic playlists tabs that populates the playlist with all files in one or more folder structures on startup or when some update button is clicked.

Allow filtered library views to be saved as tabs. For example, one such view could be all library entries matching genre:reggae, year:1970-1980, quality:at least 192k (add a quality value for library BTW)

Allow unexpanded playlist files as entries in the library (add playlist tag to such files so a filter that shows all and only them is possible)

Autosave the current tabs, their settings and arrangements when Xmplay is closed.

Implement "standard" tab control with mouse/keyboard as seen in for example firefox: middle click on tab = close tab, CTRL + TAB = cycle to next tab, CTRL + SHIFT + TAB = cycle to previous, dragging a file from a library view and dropping it on a playlist tab = appending it to that playlist...

This way, the playlist/library could be beefed up but still keep most of its minimalistic look and feel...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 9 Oct '06 - 19:16 »

Yep, it's what raina mentioned. Although, thinking about it now, if XMPlay expanded the window to full width, it would then be clamped to the right edge, so here's an update that'll expand to 1 pixel short of full width/height...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Knurek

« Reply #23 on: 10 Oct '06 - 17:19 »
Although, thinking about it now, if XMPlay expanded the window to full width, it would then be clamped to the right edge, so here's an update that'll expand to 1 pixel short of full width/height...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Yah, works as before. Thank you.

Cris

« Reply #24 on: 13 Oct '06 - 15:13 »
1) Fullscreen visuals would be nice  :D ... and FPS display for visuals too.
2) Also, the possibility to permanently delete files, not just moving them into Recycle Bin.