Author Topic: Suggestions for 3.4  (Read 97381 times)

JimVonMoon

Re: Suggestions for 3.4
« Reply #25 on: 13 Oct '06 - 17:58 »
1) Crossfader (finally).
2) Possibility to bind joystick buttons and axes to XMPlay functions. Of course without any additional plugins - just like it's done with keyboard keys at this moment.

Lashiec

« Reply #26 on: 16 Oct '06 - 12:52 »
So let's wave torches and pitchforks ;)

1. A simple option to make the player start with a random skin.

2. Improvements to the different archive plugins extraction speed (particularly, 7Z and RAR) and to the media library display and search speed (without converting it to a SQL database).

3. Make the options window a bit bigger so the vertical scrollbar disappears when you have the tree expanded.

4. Make XMPlay save the windows positions of the different skins separately.

5. Reduce one click from the two clicks needed right now to bring XMPlay from the tray to the taskbar. You'll have a clean conscience by doing that, since people wouldn't waste energy with that extra click thus saving the planet in the process :)

6. Restrict the library to scan a given set of directories, just like foobar2000.

7. Transparent scanning of the different archives supported by the plugins (maybe this is something related to the same plugins, don't know), so XMPlay could know if a specific file contained in one of this archives changed its name or was eliminated from it. And if this is impossible at the moment, restrict the 'Dead' scanning behavior to show missing archives instead of all the files contained in a missing archive. It's far easier to change the location of a single file than of 50.

8. When you delete multiple files, show only one Recycle Bin dialog for all files, instead of one dialog for each file.

9. The last one and the most important as well :). Native ports of Winamp plugins like SNESAmp or in_vgm. Or a native version of blargg's Game_Music_Emu library. Or even better, a native version of Audio Overload (if Richard Bannister were so kind to share the code :)). Oh, I would be delighted if a plug-in author did those...

SaxxonPike_

« Reply #27 on: 17 Oct '06 - 07:46 »
Now for some much more simple, less technical stuff.

* The ability to change how the time looks on the skin. For example, instead of it being frozen at minutes:seconds:10ths, why not allow for some customization? I'd like to be able to turn that 10th of a second thing off.

* A shell extension where you can right-click a folder, and select Play In XMPlay. Would be nice to be able to queue up a whole folder like that.

* A collapasble playlist. I'm not talking the one built into the skin, I'm talking about how Winamp's playlist collapses. Double click on the playlist toolbar and it will shrink into a tiny little bar that still shows the current track. And while we're on the topic of playlists, is it also possible to make that snap to the main player display and move with it only while snapped? As in, if I move the playlist window away from the player, they won't move together.

raina

« Reply #28 on: 17 Oct '06 - 08:22 »
Now for some much more simple, less technical stuff.

* The ability to change how the time looks on the skin. For example, instead of it being frozen at minutes:seconds:10ths, why not allow for some customization? I'd like to be able to turn that 10th of a second thing off.

You can turn off the tenths by adding
Code: [Select]
NoTenths=1 in your xmplay.ini, under the the [XMPlay] section. The Support Site lists more secret INI options.

* A shell extension where you can right-click a folder, and select Play In XMPlay. Would be nice to be able to queue up a whole folder like that.

You can enable the context menu options in Options and stuff > Integration.

What is the point in a one row playlist? The current track is shown in the main player window, usually in mini mode too. Hiding the playlist controls would require skinning a "mini mode" for the playlist too.

Jace

« Reply #29 on: 17 Oct '06 - 10:14 »
...is it also possible to make that snap to the main player display and move with it only while snapped? As in, if I move the playlist window away from the player, they won't move together.
And that works by first clicking your left mouse key down (hold it down) then right-click while holding left down. That makes the playlist follow along (or main window if you're such-dragging the playlist).

(Or just drag it with both buttons down.. Just remember to put left down first ;))

When was that added anyways? :D

SaxxonPike_

« Reply #30 on: 17 Oct '06 - 14:18 »
Heh, wow where does the time go? I didn't even realize these features were added. Now for one last request... at least, that I can think of at the moment:

While playing any kind of music, sometimes when I'm running a game that's CPU intensive, XMPlay will cut out for a few seconds. In order to get things to play smoothly, I've had to open up the Task Manager and set the application's priority up higher than Normal. Is there a different way that I can change the application's priority automatically?

SaxxonPike_

« Reply #31 on: 17 Oct '06 - 14:22 »
Sorry for the double post, I did see the Secret INI settings. However, I don't know what a "safe" value for that is. According to the documentation, it could be anything.

Dotpitch

« Reply #32 on: 17 Oct '06 - 15:47 »
However, I don't know what a "safe" value for that is. According to the documentation, it could be anything.
Boost works a little different from other settings indeed. "Boost" and "Boost=" will run XMPlay in normal priority (#8), "Boost=*" will run XMPlay in high priority (#13), no matter what * is (0, 1, true, blahblahblah).

Knurek

« Reply #33 on: 17 Oct '06 - 17:22 »
* Automagically disabling the auto-amp when wavewriting with normalization enabled (this would double with external encoders). No use for that, and when a file has large volume differences, can break the encode quite badly. Switching it manually isn't all that fun.

amit

« Reply #34 on: 22 Oct '06 - 04:00 »
It would be nice if selection and dragging behavior would be similar to those of foobar. IE left clicking an unselected file + mouse movement will select an area of several adjacent files. Left clicking  an already selected area + mouse movement  will drag the selection up or down.

(In the library window there is no dragging issue at all so selecting can be extended simply by keeping the left button pressed)

tniemi

« Reply #35 on: 22 Oct '06 - 10:33 »
(I am a new user, so some of this stuff may already exist:)

1. Select multiple songs in playlist by arrow keys and holding shift
2. "Remove not selected"
3. "Sort by album/track number"
4. Prevent info screen auto-resizig itself out of screen (or over/under the taskbar)
5. Keep XMPlay simple, small, and bug free

As you can easily see, number 5 fights against numbers 1-4. ;) Hopefully it wins.

Thank you!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: 22 Oct '06 - 15:20 »
* Automagically disabling the auto-amp when wavewriting with normalization enabled (this would double with external encoders). No use for that, and when a file has large volume differences, can break the encode quite badly. Switching it manually isn't all that fun.

Auto-amp (and the amplification slider) should already have no effect when normalization is enabled. What makes you think that it does, eg. is the slider moving?

amit

« Reply #37 on: 22 Oct '06 - 17:27 »
when hovering the time display area can the mouse wheel act as when hovering the position slider ?

Knurek

« Reply #38 on: 23 Oct '06 - 16:06 »
Auto-amp (and the amplification slider) should already have no effect when normalization is enabled. What makes you think that it does, eg. is the slider moving?

Ah, you're right, it stays at -15 dB (or the previous value if you have 'reset at song change' unchecked). Sorry, mighty stupid of me requesting something that's already in. ;)

Maserati

« Reply #39 on: 25 Oct '06 - 08:10 »
some of my requests :)
  • disable pause/play button from "flashing back and forth"
  • add multi-state buttons for play/stop/next buttons etc
  • add a button to toggle the panel z-order
« Last Edit: 11 Nov '06 - 20:56 by Maserati »

RoKo

« Reply #40 on: 29 Oct '06 - 19:00 »
I vote for "split into subsongs" in the playlist (like in DeliPlayer).

Knurek

« Reply #41 on: 30 Oct '06 - 05:40 »
I vote for "split into subsongs" in the playlist (like in DeliPlayer).

++

Maserati

« Reply #42 on: 1 Nov '06 - 15:55 »
as for cd cover art perhaps this would work

CD Art Display (freeware)
http://www.closetosoftware.com/

amit

« Reply #43 on: 2 Nov '06 - 18:00 »
Is it possible for the skins menu to open also when right clicking on the "options and stuff" button?

Thanks.

Aganim

« Reply #44 on: 2 Nov '06 - 19:08 »
Support for the G15 keyboard would be nice, i.g. getting the name (or perhaps even some tag information like Artist, album etc) of the current song on the LCD screen. And ofcourse to be able to control XMplay through with the LCD buttons. :)

GlennNor

« Reply #45 on: 4 Nov '06 - 09:42 »
The thing that would make XMPlay perfect, for me, is a WinAMP 5/iTunes/Amarok-style full blown media library. Perhaps this is possible as a plugin?

Cosworth

« Reply #46 on: 6 Nov '06 - 18:48 »
Of course Quality sound ;D

Y@nek®

« Reply #47 on: 7 Nov '06 - 16:05 »
The thing that would make XMPlay perfect, for me, is a WinAMP 5/iTunes/Amarok-style full blown media library. Perhaps this is possible as a plugin?

For me "WinAMP 5/iTunes/Amarok-style full blown media library" is the most stupid thing which I saw since 15 years in media players.

xaaran

« Reply #48 on: 9 Nov '06 - 16:29 »
1) I suggest the ability to read FTP (and http?) subdirectories in case URL like ftp://255.0.0.0/ is given.
There are also some ls-R files with FTP contents like this mess:
|-- [        144 Aug  2 16:46]  1200_microgramms
|   |-- [       4096 Dec 30  2005]  1200_Microgramms_-_2004_The_Time_Machine
|   |   |-- [    9484288 Dec 30  2005]  01.1200 Mics-The Creation.mp3
|   |   |-- [   11319296 Dec 30  2005]  02.1200 Mics-Egypt Land of The Pharoahs.mp3
|   |   |-- [   12865536 Dec 30  2005]  03.1200 Mics-Stoned Henge.mp3
|   |   |-- [   10401792 Dec 30  2005]  04.1200 Mics-Shivas India.mp3
|   |   |-- [   12283904 Dec 30  2005]  05.1200 Mics-Rock Into the Future.mp3
|   |   |-- [    9787392 Dec 30  2005]  06.1200 Mics-Glories of Greece.mp3
|   |   |-- [   10539008 Dec 30  2005]  07.1200 Mics-The Mayans Incas and Aztecs.mp3

But I’m not sure whether it is a standard method for ftp contents.

2) Further on, is it possible that “write to disk” command to be given independently without xmplay to start playing an item? For example, I want to create playlist by means of xmplay with all ftp contents and then save to disk some selected mp3s. I think this feature wouldn’t much interfere xmplay stream handling.

amit

« Reply #49 on: 10 Nov '06 - 12:28 »
When switching between or opening different info window modes sometimes part of the window remains outside the screen display. Is it possible in these instances the right edge of the info window would snap to the right edge of the screen (or any other way to make them open fully inside the screen)?

(info window = info or extended playlist/library window)

Thanks.