Author Topic: Anyone want to recommend some headphones?  (Read 6851 times)

Grindill

Anyone want to recommend some headphones?
« on: 24 Nov '06 - 16:26 »
I've pretty much blown out all mine. I never can find anything solid enough to last me more than a few months. What I would like to have is a pair of the big ear / earmuff design with noise cancellation and very good bass. I'm on somewhat of a budget, though, so anything USD$100 and up is out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

Tsorovan

Re: Anyone want to recommend some headphones?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov '06 - 16:41 »
My advice: It's better to get a pair of decent closed headphones (like a couple of Sennheiser models, Beyerdynamic or AKG) than active noise cancelling 'phones.

Vesh

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov '06 - 04:28 »
Ack. If you're looking for sub-$100, you might not find anything that's amazing for everything, but check the Sennheiser 'DJ' line.  I do video editing and *cough* gaming audio research at work on a pair of HD212Pro's. Highs are bright without being dry, bass is actually bass - not just thumpaciousness. Mid's a little wierd, but EQable to be acceptable.

Grindill

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec '06 - 23:07 »
Well, I just destroyed another pair. :(

They were half-way decent, too. I'm afraid to venture past the USD$100 range if I'm only going to destroy those, too. Maybe my DSP settings are too high.

Krazy Hawaiian

« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar '07 - 13:56 »
All I can say is check out the new bose set ultra light and sound absolutely phenomenal   They have them at Comp USA for like 135.   

They have a display in the store here where the bose is on a ipod and  I was like right. They weigh like nothing couple ounces at most comfortable.

Easily the best sounding headphones I have ever tried. 

I have  a pair of HD595 Pro Sennheisers studio reference headphones that cost almost 400!
I couldn't believe the bose set just blew the sennheisers right out of the room and thats hooked to a wimpy ilittle pod!! 

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=triport_ae_headphones_index

Krazy Hawaiian

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar '07 - 14:04 »
Well, I just destroyed another pair. :(

They were half-way decent, too. I'm afraid to venture past the USD$100 range if I'm only going to destroy those, too. Maybe my DSP settings are too high.
[/quote

Could be but on a  good set it will be physically painful to have a bunch of bass pumping...  you think your brain is going to blow out of your eye sockets!

The sennheisers I have go down to 5hz and hooked to my Denon HT reciever you literally cant handle it hurts so dam bad after 5 minutes you are ready to scream!

It also feels really weird like your head is in a microwave or something besides the pounding from the bass your head feels like it gets hot LOLz  :o

I'm talking REALLY loud... loud enough that someone in the same room cannot carry on a normal conversation with another person the sound leaking from the phones is that loud even across a room!!!  :D

Tsorovan

« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar '07 - 16:09 »
Heh... Bose...

HD595 do not cost 400 US dollars. More like 200-250.
I really like my HD590, but they're not manufactured anymore, and the HD595 aren't as good :\