Author Topic: Subsongs  (Read 1880 times)

trazome

Subsongs
« on: 16 Dec '06 - 12:07 »
Are the subsongs supported on XMPLAY like deliplayer ?
Most of soundchip or modules tunes have got subsongs.
If yes, how to play them.

Actually i can play a tune (generaly the first) but not the others subsongs when they're present in the structure file. (Modules, chiptunes).  :P

Pike84

Re: Subsongs
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec '06 - 12:24 »
Subsongs are supported. Just right-click the next/previous button to switch between them.

Alexsource

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec '06 - 12:54 »
And xmplay should automagically jump to the next subsong once the current one ends, it also displays the subsong number in the main panel.
Snapshot:

Red:Subsong number indicator; Blue: Total running time of the file (all subsongs); Green: Running time for current subsong.

In the sample xm i used, the second subsong are actually 4 seconds of silence ;)
Perhaps the file/s you're trying to play are especial, corrupted or xmplay just seems to not realize it has sub songs. Anyway, if the file is posted somewhere online, it would be nice to know so we or Ian can give it a go, etc. Or you can upload the file to Ian's (xnmplay coder) FTP.

trazome

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec '06 - 17:15 »
Code: [Select]
Subsongs are supported. Just right-click the next/previous button to switch between them.thanks for the tips.

And xmplay should automagically jump to the next subsong once the current one ends, it also displays the subsong number in the main panel.

Red:Subsong number indicator; Blue: Total running time of the file (all subsongs); Green: Running time for current subsong.

In the sample xm i used, the second subsong are actually 4 seconds of silence Wink
Perhaps the file/s you're trying to play are especial, corrupted or xmplay just seems to not realize it has sub songs. Anyway, if the file is posted somewhere online, it would be nice to know so we or Ian can give it a go, etc. Or you can upload the file to Ian's (xnmplay coder) FTP.
I didn't know about 'right click' on RWD/ FWD.
It works great with any sorts of soundtracks

Thanks for your attention and your answers.