Author Topic: "add entire album in playlist" requestion  (Read 12364 times)

the_sagga

"add entire album in playlist" requestion
« on: 5 May '07 - 03:34 »
i think this is an simple mod...

for the people that have in the library too many albums...

right click...adding an new option...add entire album in playlist. If i do this with an album, that will play the entire album

i think that can help us ! sounds cool?  ;D

or if ian like that...add this on the 3.5  :)

amit

Re: "add entire album in playlist" requestion
« Reply #1 on: 5 May '07 - 08:24 »
Continuing this line of thought:
This addition to the right click menu can go beyond just album. It can go something like "Add from library all the same..." and then choose from a sub menu "artist"/"album"/"genre" etc'.

What do you think?

Jace

« Reply #2 on: 5 May '07 - 17:12 »
Step further:
Perhaps, to keep the context menu item count down, make it relative to which column you're right-clicking on.
If artist, 'add all by this artist', on album, 'add all from this album', 'add all this file format', 'add all this song length' etc. ;D

the_sagga

« Reply #3 on: 5 May '07 - 18:12 »
Continuing this line of thought:
This addition to the right click menu can go beyond just album. It can go something like "Add from library all the same..." and then choose from a sub menu "artist"/"album"/"genre" etc'.

What do you think?

Step further:
Perhaps, to keep the context menu item count down, make it relative to which column you're right-clicking on.
If artist, 'add all by this artist', on album, 'add all from this album', 'add all this file format', 'add all this song length' etc. ;D

GREAT IDEAS!!!!!!!! MAKE THIS PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 6 May '07 - 15:34 »
Sounds like a reasonable idea :)

Here's an update to try...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Dotpitch

« Reply #5 on: 6 May '07 - 15:55 »
Sounds like a reasonable idea :) Here's an update to try...
Now that's nice ;D. Would it be possible to give "add to playlist all identical: album" a place in the first context menu, or a shortcut?

amit

« Reply #6 on: 6 May '07 - 20:23 »
That was quick :) . thanks.

Two things :
1. Is it possible to add a similar item to the playlist context menu: "add from library all identical:" ?
2. In the library isn't it enough to set one item "Select all identical:" and add/create the selected tracks regularly ?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 7 May '07 - 19:44 »
Now that's nice ;D. Would it be possible to give "add to playlist all identical: album" a place in the first context menu, or a shortcut?

Not sure about about moving the "album" option to the main menu - I reckon they should all be kept together, and the menu would be too big if they all moved over :)

I have added shortcuts to select all the same artist/album/etc though, so you could setup a shortcut to select the album and add to list. Btw, the new shortcuts work on the playlist too, if the info is available (ie. the tags have been scanned).

1. Is it possible to add a similar item to the playlist context menu: "add from library all identical:" ?

Possibly, I'll have to think about it.

I'm wary of adding loads of little options (and shortcuts for them), as it makes things more cluttered (not to mention bloated). So I need to always consider... if I add this option, what other options will I have to add? :)

Dotpitch

« Reply #8 on: 7 May '07 - 22:41 »
The shortcuts work very well, selecting a complete album was about the only thing I was still doing with the mouse ;).
I'm wary of adding loads of little options (and shortcuts for them), as it makes things more cluttered (not to mention bloated). So I need to always consider... if I add this option, what other options will I have to add? :)
You're very right about that and I think you're doing a great job at it :).

amit

« Reply #9 on: 8 May '07 - 14:02 »
OK. I can understand your wary.

I am just thinking it would be useful to have a similar option from the playlist.

What do you think about expanding the "locate in library" line into a submenu "locate in library selected" -> tracks/albums/genres... - finding in library matching tags/files to those of selected ?

Am I going too far with this? :)

the_sagga

« Reply #10 on: 9 May '07 - 01:56 »
i think that all are good ideas

thanks ian for your quick action ^^ i like it too

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 9 May '07 - 17:29 »
2. In the library isn't it enough to set one item "Select all identical:" and add/create the selected tracks regularly ?

I've now made this change...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

It'll select tracks that match any of those that are already selected, ie. not just the one in focus (as was the case previously). For example, you could select a track from 2 albums, and "select all the same album" would then select all the tracks from both albums. The same applies to the "select same" shortcuts.

What do you think about expanding the "locate in library" line into a submenu "locate in library selected" -> tracks/albums/genres... - finding in library matching tags/files to those of selected ?

This is in the update too. As above, it should locate matches for all the selected tracks.

amit

« Reply #12 on: 9 May '07 - 20:39 »
Perfect  ;)

the_sagga

« Reply #13 on: 10 May '07 - 02:00 »
perfect!!!! thanks ian!!!!

hey i have another idea...

"make an automatic playlist from the library", the xmplay select random tracks (the number we can decide that) and that will be added to the queue

good idea?

PVTele

« Reply #14 on: 9 Jun '07 - 11:45 »
"Select all matching" is superb, Ian!

Thank you so much - now the Library is getting really useful  ;D