Author Topic: FTP Client?  (Read 6783 times)

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
FTP Client?
« on: 23 Jun '07 - 09:09 »
Could someone suggest a good *stable* multi-threaded ftp client? Preferably one that isn't huge. :P

Was using LeechFTP ages ago, not very stable but the multiple transfers at once feature came in handy.
Next I used turboftp, which was'nt too bad, synconisation was nice. It eventually exploded for no apparant reason.
More recently I've been using flashfxp, which I really quite like, but the stability and random closes are driving me insane.
I'm trying out ftprush at the moment, it's extremely similar to flashfxp in most respects only smaller and *seems* to be more stable (so far  :-X).

That said if there's something better/more stable/multi-threaded I would like to hear about it. ;D

raina

Re: FTP Client?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun '07 - 11:46 »
By popular demand, FTP support was recently added to WinSCP, the absolutely kicking SCP/SFTP client for Windows. Before this I was using FileZilla which is by no means bad with its no bull approach but can't quite best the current WinSCP in terms of features like near-transparent refreshing of locally edited remote files.

Torkell

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun '07 - 23:16 »
When did they do that?

That might mean I've finally found a replacement for my old copy of WS_FTP LE (highly recommended, if you want a FTP client that is a) actually usable and b) doesn't pack the kitchen sink).

raina

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun '07 - 11:23 »
In the v4.x betas.

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun '07 - 12:20 »
Looks interesting, will give it a run this week. :)

Zarggg

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun '07 - 20:20 »
I've always used FileZilla. Maybe I'll try out WinSCP for my desktop. (I also use FileZilla Portable for my flash drive)

Auren

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul '07 - 11:13 »
FlashFXP is known for its stability and mix of functions.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul '07 - 11:18 by Auren »

Tsorovan

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul '07 - 18:50 »
I'm a FlashFXP man, but it's not "multi-threaded" which, according to the original post, was a requirement.

Auren

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul '07 - 19:43 »
OK, what about ZillaFTP? :)

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug '07 - 17:30 »
I'm using FileZilla, too - never had any problems or speed issues.

nutellajunkie

« Reply #10 on: 10 May '08 - 18:50 »
yeah, try that mozilla client, its pretty damn nice..
or you could even use an addon for your firefox.