Author Topic: "save list" issue  (Read 5188 times)

5 zloty

"save list" issue
« on: 7 Aug '07 - 00:54 »
I love this proggie a whole lot, even has a skin that fits my needs perfectly. But when I use the "save list" option at the top of the Playlist Display, it always opens on "pls" option, but I only save in "m3u". How can I get it to open in m3u, so saving me a mood destroying click?

Brian

Re: "save list" issue
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug '07 - 10:30 »
I would like this too. But it seems that any player has to have a default `save' format, so if it were changed to m3u that would be a bad move for the folks who prefer pls.

An enhancement I'd like to see would be the ability to simply save the changes to an existing playlist without going through the file dialog. I seem to remember that QCD/QMP has this ability.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug '07 - 15:09 »
Here's an update that'll retain the PLS/M3U choice for the current session (it'll reset next time you load XMPlay)...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Note that you can actually just enter/select the filename without choosing the appropriate PLS/M3U option, as XMPlay tells the format from the filename, ie. whether it ends with ".M3U".

Brian

« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug '07 - 16:24 »
Ian - many thanks for this quick and helpful response. The update doesn't seem to quite do what's ideally needed, however. Thus if you add an m3u playlist, then go to save it at the end of the session, you still get the pls format in the dialog. Only if you've already saved the playlist at least once during the session do you get the m3u format in the dialog.

Your other tip is also helpful - I hadn't clocked that before.

Zarggg

« Reply #4 on: 7 Aug '07 - 19:36 »
That's actually exactly what he said, Brian. It retains the setting from the save dialog. ;)

Brian

« Reply #5 on: 7 Aug '07 - 20:42 »
We're at cross-purposes: I know it does what Ian said, but it doesn't do what in my view is ideally needed. I rarely have occasion to save the same playlist more than once in a session.