Author Topic: ! XMPlay Crashes When Playing ROLs With AdPlug (But Not Winamp)  (Read 5254 times)

Synetech

  • Posts: 129
Hi,

I just tried to listen to some of the demo ROL songs that came with my original Adlib card way back when, but XMPlay crashed. The thing is that not all of them cause it to crash, a few play successfully, but many do crash it. Winamp however can play them all without crashing.  ???

Iím not sure who to notify about this, but since the plugin works with Winamp, I figured XMPlay is a good place to start.

Ian @ un4seen

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 20427
Please upload an example of a crashing file and a drwtsn32.log entry for it to have a look at here...

   ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Synetech

  • Posts: 129
I canít seem to get Dr. Watson to work right now (my log file was last modified in July for some reason). I have uploaded a RAR with two files. ZARDOZ.ROL always crashes, ARIA.ROL used to work but then started crashing sometimes, and is currently crashing all the time.

Iíll do some more testing when I get the debugger fixed.

Ian @ un4seen

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 20427
Those 2 files aren't crashing here, but they're not playing either (they get the red line treatment). They don't play in Winamp either here. Are you sure they do there? If so, what AdPlug version are you using? I tried v1.8.

Synetech

  • Posts: 129
Hmmm, they do play in Winamp and Aria.rol occasionally plays in XMPlay. In fact, the other ROLs occasionally manage to get out the first note before crashing. I had 1.6a last week, which is why I updated to 1.8 (in hopes of fixing the crash), but 1.8 also does the same thing. (I tested both with my other plugins, and withoutóie, with nothing but bare XMP plus AdPlug.)

I have opened a ticket in the bug-report section of AdPlugís SourceForge page, but it is obviously not active since there are open tickets going several years back.

I fixed Dr. Watson (I was using a newer version of dbghelp.dll that wasnít compatible with drwatson), and the problem is listed as being in the function in_adlib.

Iíll try to do some testing to see if I can help figure it out.