Author Topic: BassVideo  (Read 340538 times)

Ionut Cristea

Re: BassVideo
« Reply #775 on: 19 May '09 - 12:32 »
  Ok. I understand. But can you modify(for me or sameone who think about this) bassvideo.dll(plugin for bass) in this way: remove the lines that show active movie window(use the bassvideo just for audio) because I want to make my own video rendering. I know...i can use the bassvideo(not as a plugin) but that version use more CPU usage than the version "plugin for bass"; I hope that i was clear enough(sorry for my bad english). Thanks in advance and I hope that you will help me in this problem.

kenshin1101

« Reply #776 on: 21 May '09 - 04:55 »
  Ok. I understand. But can you modify(for me or sameone who think about this) bassvideo.dll(plugin for bass) in this way: remove the lines that show active movie window(use the bassvideo just for audio) because I want to make my own video rendering. I know...i can use the bassvideo(not as a plugin) but that version use more CPU usage than the version "plugin for bass"; I hope that i was clear enough(sorry for my bad english). Thanks in advance and I hope that you will help me in this problem.

you can config to use NULL Renderer, read the documents to know how to config ;)

Ionut Cristea

« Reply #777 on: 22 May '09 - 17:36 »
Thanks a lot,kenshin. It works.

GygaMan

Re: BassVideo Create URL
« Reply #778 on: 24 May '09 - 05:01 »
Hi,

I just finish a internet radio player with over 3000 Radio channels all over the world and would like to add Video to it  by using Bassvideo and BassNet and Bassvideo.BASS_Video_StreamCreateURL, I have spend a while with it but no success. Would be there a small sample in .Net that could get me started?

Here is what I', using:

' Bass Config
Bass.BASS_SetConfig(BASSConfig.BASS_CONFIG_BUFFER, 1000)

' Bass Initialization
Bass.BASS_Init(-1, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, pnlTV.Handle, Nothing)

' Bass Stream
_Stream = BassVideo.BASS_Video_StreamCreateURL("mms://194.158.91.91/Atv", BASSVIDEOFlag.BASSVIDEO_AUTO_RESIZE, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT, Nothing, IntPtr.Zero)

' Check if we have a stream to play
If Not _Stream = Nothing Then
    Bass.BASS_ChannelPlay(_Stream, False)
Else
    MsgBox("Could not create Stream!", MsgBoxStyle.Information)
End If

Thanks

Gyga

BTW. If any one would like to Test GT-iMedia (still beta 2) that I made for the Ipod, Touch and  Iphone using Bass, BassVideo, BassCD and BassNet just visit my website @ http://www.gt-imedia.com/.

« Last Edit: 24 May '09 - 22:39 by GygaMan »

kenshin1101

« Reply #779 on: 25 May '09 - 08:44 »
sorry, but i have no exp on .Net programming :(

GygaMan

« Reply #780 on: 25 May '09 - 08:48 »
No Worrys m8,

It can be vb6 Or any other language.

Cheers

Gyga

kenshin1101

« Reply #781 on: 25 May '09 - 09:43 »
No Worrys m8,

It can be vb6 Or any other language.

Cheers

Gyga

check the simple example & replace BassVideo_StreamCreateFile with BassVideo_StreamCreateURL

Erazer

« Reply #782 on: 31 May '09 - 17:07 »
Hi, kenshin1101, had you fix this:
Code: [Select]
Bass_SetConfig(BassVideo_Config_Renderer, BassVideo_NoVideo); before
Chan := BassVideo_StreamCreateFile(PChar(SourceFileName),Bass_Stream_Decode or BASS_UNICODE, 0, 0); really hides video output! Thank you. But I continue to get strange things  :-\
Chan :=BASS_StreamCreateFile(FALSE, PAnsiChar('D:\Films\test.avi'), 0, 0, BASS_STREAM_DECODE); still gives Chan=0. Further,perhaps because i still have to use
BassVideo_StreamCreateFile  if I try to extract sound track and encode it for eaxmple to speex(or something else where I use bassmix to resample sor example) 1-st time after start, I get good audio file, it I try to reapeat it I get bad audio file. What mean bad: next audio file is shorter (53 second opposite 83 second) than original sound track and sound after 45 second is trebling. If I extract audio close application open it and extract again everything works  ;D but simetimes I get wrong audio file even during 1-st try to extract sound to spx or mp3 with using of bassmix, but always get goot wav (to make wav I do not use bassmix ever). Of course I do not have such problem with conversion of any audio file any times. So I feel something wrong in  co-operation of bassvideo and bassmix  :)
Also sometimes I have to see Window with video,even using
Bass_SetConfig(BassVideo_Config_Renderer, BassVideo_NoVideo);  ???
?

kenshin1101

« Reply #783 on: 1 Jun '09 - 02:44 »
Chan := BassVideo_StreamCreateFile(PChar(SourceFileName),Bass_Stream_Decode or BASS_UNICODE, 0, 0); really hides video output! Thank you. But I continue to get strange things  :-\
Chan :=BASS_StreamCreateFile(FALSE, PAnsiChar('D:\Films\test.avi'), 0, 0, BASS_STREAM_DECODE); still gives Chan=0. Further,perhaps because i still have to use
BassVideo_StreamCreateFile  if I try to extract sound track and encode it for eaxmple to speex(or something else where I use bassmix to resample sor example) 1-st time after start, I get good audio file, it I try to reapeat it I get bad audio file. What mean bad: next audio file is shorter (53 second opposite 83 second) than original sound track and sound after 45 second is trebling. If I extract audio close application open it and extract again everything works  ;D but simetimes I get wrong audio file even during 1-st try to extract sound to spx or mp3 with using of bassmix, but always get goot wav (to make wav I do not use bassmix ever). Of course I do not have such problem with conversion of any audio file any times. So I feel something wrong in  co-operation of bassvideo and bassmix  :)
?

This problem will not be fixed in this version. I'll fix in the C++ version
Just wait, i'll show the demo as soon as possible

Erazer

« Reply #784 on: 1 Jun '09 - 08:36 »
Thank you, will wait  ;)

Latch

« Reply #785 on: 5 Jun '09 - 12:56 »
Thank you, will wait  ;)

I'll second that.  Kenshin, we are all being patient.

....now get off your butt and get some work done!

:)

papsot01

« Reply #786 on: 7 Jun '09 - 00:13 »
?

This problem will not be fixed in this version. I'll fix in the C++ version
Just wait, i'll show the demo as soon as possible
How can i BassVideo_CaptureBitmap  but i want to get the bitmap on TBitmap or to save to jpg format ?

diystar

« Reply #787 on: 9 Jun '09 - 04:45 »
to kenshin1101:
post a bug:when play a next video,the virtual memory always change largger(the lastest ver)

can you send me the all old versions(below 2.4.1.2 ,only the dlls)?
my e-mail: wang_zm@163.com

kenshin1101

« Reply #788 on: 9 Jun '09 - 05:03 »
How can i BassVideo_CaptureBitmap  but i want to get the bitmap on TBitmap or to save to jpg format ?

Use BassVideo Video Effect, got the dc of current image & draw to TBitmap use BitBlt

to kenshin1101:
post a bug:when play a next video,the virtual memory always change largger(the lastest ver)

i don't keep the old DLL, but problem of memory grow can fixed (eg : try minimize your app :p , heee)

papsot01

« Reply #789 on: 9 Jun '09 - 10:58 »

Use BassVideo Video Effect, got the dc of current image & draw to TBitmap use BitBlt

to kenshin1101:

i don't keep the old DLL, but problem of memory grow can fixed (eg : try minimize your app :p , heee)
I am new with bassvideo.
I isn't difficult for you please write a small example how can i do it. I want to capture every 5 secs a picture to hard disk in jpg format, or to draw on tbitmap. I must use callback function ?

jeffdavis

« Reply #790 on: 11 Jun '09 - 19:00 »
Is it possible to change the video window on the fly?

If I use BassVideo_SetVideoWindow(inHandle,VideoPIC.hwnd,rRect,0)

and I want to change the window handle to another window while playing video how do I do that?

Jeff

jeffdavis

« Reply #791 on: 12 Jun '09 - 17:21 »
Maybe I should be  more specific.   I am using a small preview window for video in our application.  I have created a button that will make the video go full screen.  The full screen window is a separate window with a different handle.  If the user is playing video in the preview window and then presses the full screen button I the video should go full screen.  When I try changing the handle for the BassVideo_SetVideoWindow the new full screen window is blank and when I go back to the preview window it is blank too.  What should the process be for changing the videowindow?  Is there a better way to create a full screen window?

kenshin1101

« Reply #792 on: 17 Jun '09 - 05:14 »
i never test that before :D

The video window is a normal window, the BassVideo_SetVideoWindow function it just set the video window as child window of the owner

jeffdavis

« Reply #793 on: 17 Jun '09 - 05:25 »
So if I call BassVideo_SetVideoWindow(stream,Picturebox1.hwnd,rRect,0) and then start playing video can I call BassVideo_SetVideoWindow() again with a different handle and will the video start playing in the new window?  There is no limitation on calling this function multiple times while the video is playing?

Since all I am trying to do is go full screen is there a better way to do full screen besides switching the window handle to a window that can be sized to the full screen?

kenshin1101

« Reply #794 on: 17 Jun '09 - 07:45 »
So if I call BassVideo_SetVideoWindow(stream,Picturebox1.hwnd,rRect,0) and then start playing video can I call BassVideo_SetVideoWindow() again with a different handle and will the video start playing in the new window?  There is no limitation on calling this function multiple times while the video is playing?

Since all I am trying to do is go full screen is there a better way to do full screen besides switching the window handle to a window that can be sized to the full screen?

As i said , i never test it before :p
You can set the Owner to a Form instead of PictureBox and then change size of that form to fullscreen

drloakes

« Reply #795 on: 20 Jun '09 - 00:16 »
Hi, i'm sort of new to this forum so got what may be a silly question but here goes:-

I've written a front end for my CarPuter project ( plays MP3's, AVi's ) and im using Bass & Bassvideo but i would also like to have a rear camera ( cheapy webcam ) displayed on a seperate screen and this is the problem im having...

How do you open a webcam viabassvideo, im guessing you have to convert the device name into a file name which is used inthe createstream 'file' name but i've got no ideas how and searching google didnt help much either...

Its a basic USB Video Device with a USB id of 'USB\VID_0F35&PID_FAF5&MI_00\6&4688848&0&0000'

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers...

drloakes

« Reply #796 on: 20 Jun '09 - 00:20 »
Hi, silly me - forgot to say i'm writing this front end in VC++ 6 but can also use the newer Visual Studio 2008 if needs be but i prefer V6 for size of code and no .net overheads...

Cheers again.

kenshin1101

« Reply #797 on: 20 Jun '09 - 01:05 »
Have you try Capture demo ?

jeffdavis

« Reply #798 on: 20 Jun '09 - 02:43 »
has any had any luck getting the BassVideo_Effect_AddText to work with BassVideo beta 3 since it is now a plugin?

I am using VB6.   

Is there a simple code example?

Jeff

kenshin1101

« Reply #799 on: 20 Jun '09 - 03:37 »
has any had any luck getting the BassVideo_Effect_AddText to work with BassVideo beta 3 since it is now a plugin?

I am using VB6.   

Is there a simple code example?

Jeff

I had stoped continue to this beta, got too many bug make it become a plugin. But the Text Effect still work, show your code & i'll see what wrong