Author Topic: BassVideo  (Read 340477 times)

radio42

Re: BassVideo
« Reply #875 on: 30 Oct '09 - 08:48 »
Vista comes with .Net framework 3.5, Win7 comes with .Net framework 4.0 installed on XP it is not ensured, if any .Net framework is installed.
But I was NOT talking about the installer or the file size of a possible download, but of the memory footprint when starting a .Net application.
This is an old and well know storry and I assume all .Net developers know about these facts.
So there is nothing to scare people about ;-)

Some developers might actaully be more concerned about the memory footprint of the application at runtime and others might be more concerned about the download file size.
I personally belong to the first group. To me a clean design, excellent performance, stability and resource awareness during runtime are more important than a few KB or MB of any download.

« Reply #876 on: 30 Oct '09 - 12:20 »
But you still have to agree that BASS might be used only by your application while .Net byt multiple which makes a difference. Consider that XP popularity most likely will decrease soon because of 7. Also remember that on Vista or 7 even apps delivered with system use .Net

fmcoder

« Reply #877 on: 1 Nov '09 - 20:57 »
[OFFOPIC]
About Download/Install sizes - IMO, it's way better for users to have everything included in the downloadable setup (and making it times larger, yes), instead of offering 10+ download options and allow to download only required parts. In case of a big all-in-one setup (say, 20Mb), the only thing user needs to get software up and running is download a setup and click "Next" several times, that's it. Imagine a download of 1Mb file: install, get an error, Google it, download required stuff, install, get another error, ...

No one care if there are 50 programs on one computer, each having own copy of BASS. I also sure, many people don't know and don't need/want to know if the software uses BASS or anything else. They need to get things done.

That's why it looks strange to me - doing work on decreasing file size and other secondary stuff, while the library still doesn't work as it should work.

Hope it'll somehow help to release bassvideo plugin faster :)

RevG

« Reply #878 on: 2 Nov '09 - 01:21 »
[OFFOPIC]
About Download/Install sizes - IMO, it's way better for users to have everything included in the downloadable setup (and making it times larger, yes), instead of offering 10+ download options and allow to download only required parts. In case of a big all-in-one setup (say, 20Mb), the only thing user needs to get software up and running is download a setup and click "Next" several times, that's it. Imagine a download of 1Mb file: install, get an error, Google it, download required stuff, install, get another error, ...

No one care if there are 50 programs on one computer, each having own copy of BASS. I also sure, many people don't know and don't need/want to know if the software uses BASS or anything else. They need to get things done.

That's why it looks strange to me - doing work on decreasing file size and other secondary stuff, while the library still doesn't work as it should work.

Hope it'll somehow help to release bassvideo plugin faster :)

It's obviously better to have everything in one install file, but I think where some people have problems is that bandwidth is not cheap. So if you get a ton of people downloading a file that is 40 megs then all of a sudden you may require a Dedicated Hosting environment which is much more costly than say a Shared Hosting environment. For example going from shared hosting at $300 per year to dedicated hosting at $2000 or more per year is a big jump.

pippi89

« Reply #879 on: 16 Dec '09 - 17:53 »
I hope the next version have url stream function

quickmic

« Reply #880 on: 16 Dec '09 - 18:59 »
As I think, this project ist dead.  :'(
Imho BASS_DSHOW is the future, but let's see.

fmcoder

« Reply #881 on: 19 Dec '09 - 19:35 »
If BASS_DSHOW isn't a commercial project, it'll be dead too as soon as its author looses interest in developing it. This happens all the time with freeware products. Usually it's written in a spare time, and as a result, the develop process is slow, and the author isn't responsible for anything...
So I'd thing many times before using this in a serious product.

quickmic

« Reply #882 on: 20 Dec '09 - 09:46 »
I also program only freeware, and I have some projects running since 2000 and still supporting them. But you are right, soon or later every freeware project is stopped. In that case it would be fine, if the authors will publish there sourcecode. I do them so.

simon1

« Reply #883 on: 20 Dec '09 - 16:12 »
I'm write a video library as bass add on
but some code use ffmpeg,so can't give down

Ionut Cristea

« Reply #884 on: 22 Dec '09 - 17:03 »
If BASS_DSHOW isn't a commercial project, it'll be dead too as soon as its author looses interest in developing it. This happens all the time with freeware products. Usually it's written in a spare time, and as a result, the develop process is slow, and the author isn't responsible for anything...
So I'd thing many times before using this in a serious product.

I'm thinking to make BASS_DSHOW comercial...but for now i will make it better and better and then will see.

fmcoder

« Reply #885 on: 23 Dec '09 - 18:27 »
As we see with the BassVideo example, the project is dead and there are no signs of its reanimation in the near future... but there were many expectation at the beginning.

Sharky08, I hope your project will work much better.
Thanks for developing!

b1ntang

« Reply #886 on: 5 Jan '10 - 18:31 »
I agree with fmcoder, if your product better we don't mind to pay..

Go ahead Shaky08

Best Regards,

bintang

alex123

« Reply #887 on: 12 Jan '10 - 14:32 »
hi
I trayed to make overlay with gmf bridge but coudn't menaged.
Can you pls pls send me the code for this?
It will be a life saver.
Alex

Alpha_

« Reply #888 on: 16 Feb '10 - 16:01 »
kenshin1101, may be part of this code will be implemented in BassVideo?

P.P.S. When I try to call BassVideo_GetGraph I'm getting access violation in BassVideo.dll

okie, i'll try to do something new in next week

Hi,

I'm using bassvideo since a few weeks but I want to control the dvd using keyboard, for activate the buttons and change the selection.
I have searched for many solutions but I dont find it with bassvideo, or I do not understand the functions.
With DirectX it is possible to use Filtergraph.QueryInterface to retrieve pointer to the graph structure than use pointer.ActivateButton, for example.
I have tryed to create the graph using bassvideo_getGraph but it does not work.

Have you any idea to solve this problem ? or have you any example illustrate the procedure ?

Thank in advance for your help

sz319

« Reply #889 on: 26 May '10 - 04:00 »
use:BassVideo_2.4.1.2

???bassvideo.BassVideo_StreamCreateFileUser not support "*.wma,*.wmv",why? Cpu 100% with this method。

http://www.alexa99.cn/1999.mp3
And this can not play mp3, cpu is 100%.

Thank in advance for your help

I come from China, English is not good, sorry
« Last Edit: 26 May '10 - 04:03 by sz319 »

jeffdavis

« Reply #890 on: 26 May '10 - 05:01 »
Don't bother with this.  Use BASS_DSHOW for video.

http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=10079.0

sz319

« Reply #891 on: 5 Jun '10 - 08:04 »
hello Everybody

BassVideo_GetPosition : return the channel's position in seconds is returned

I Want Get the channel's position in Length,To how to do?

Thanks

subh

xVideo
« Reply #892 on: 14 Oct '11 - 05:17 »
Hello,
 :D I need a XVideo VB6 Standalone source code must be include

1) Text Overlay Support
2) Image Overlay support
3) Color Controls (brightness,hue,saturation,contrast)
4) Mixing Videos Support
5) Support for Capture Devices
6) VMR,VMR9,EVR support,VMR7/9 Windowless Mode

All Item Include Delphi Code but I need VB6 Source code Please convert Delphi in Visual Basic 6 Thanks ::)

Tolyan249

« Reply #893 on: 11 Oct '17 - 08:48 »
How to capture a frame to bitmap ,without stopping the flow and Delhi?
« Last Edit: 11 Oct '17 - 10:40 by Tolyan249 »